October 20, 2014

Syfy Picks Up 'Merlin' Season 4

by Chris Harnick, posted Jul 15th 2011 2:15PM
Merlin'Merlin' will work its magic for another season on Syfy.

According to TV Guide, the network has given the series a Season 4 renewal.

The show stars Colin Morgan as Merlin, Bradley James as Prince Arthur and Angel Coulby as Gwen. All three stars along with Katie McGrath, Anthony Head, Richard Wilson and the voice of John Hurt will also be back.

Look for Nathaniel Parker to join the cast alongside guest stars Phil Davis and Gemma Jones.

Season 4 will be set in Camelot with Merlin working to make sure Arthur becomes the king audiences know via the classic legends.

The show is not an original Syfy production. It will air on BBC One this fall. Season 3 of 'Merlin' was watched by an average of 1.9 million viewers on Syfy, up 12 percent from Season 2.

Rick

I also would love to see stargate sg1 come back or stargate atlantis. I did not care that much for stargate universe. It had no heart or no togetherness in it. They could always try another Star Trek Generation 2. That would be great. I hope they think about that especially Star Trek Generation 2.

January 19 2013 at 1:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rick

I really love the show Merlin. I am glad it was renewed for another season. I hope it gets renewed for many more. I know the writers can come up with more good story lines. Arthur was alot older before he dies so they can come up with more good stuff. Any way I hope they do. Cause I really do not want to see him die off period.

January 19 2013 at 1:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rick

I love Merlin . I hope it will be renewed over and over again. Those silly writers can always come up with good stories. They have to keep it going.

January 19 2013 at 1:23 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
janet

so glad to hear Merlin will not be cancelled.....Love this show. The banter between Arthur and Merlin cracks
me up....Please keep renewing it. One of the best shows.

December 09 2012 at 5:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BILL MITCHELL

Somehow, I thought I read that Merlin would be starting again in October, but I was obviously wrong. I do hope that it will start very soon though. It is one of the best and most imaginative series that I've ever seen. Bravo to Syfy for airing it for us.

November 07 2011 at 6:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sylvester Emaka

Unbeatable merlin am eager to watch d end

October 05 2011 at 5:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adeniyi Qazeem

this is my best firm ever. Pls I am eager to watch this season

September 27 2011 at 8:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sscrus43

I love Merlin, cannot wait for the new season!!!

September 14 2011 at 8:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandi

I love Merlin, glad it will be back. Looking forward to it but wish it was not so long away.

August 09 2011 at 3:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
matthew5and9

Merlin is actually a wonderful show. Great programming on syfy.

July 15 2011 at 2:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply