April 20, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Arlene's Baby Relays a Wicked Message on 'True Blood' (VIDEO)

by Mike Moody, posted Jul 18th 2011 8:20AM
true bloodMaybe Arlene's fears about her new bundle of joy were right after all. Perhaps this baby has more of his evil, murderous father in him than Terry would like to admit.

On the latest episode of 'True Blood' (Sun., 9PM on HBO), Terry was hit with a scary sight -- the words "Baby not yours" scribbled on the wall in red ink.

This wouldn't be 'True Blood' without a little mystery. So the question remains: Who wrote the message? Was it Ray's ghost, speaking from beyond the grave? Or is Ray inhabiting the baby? Did the baby write it himself? Or is there some new, unknown creepy force at work here?

Whatever the case, it's sure to cause more drama than ever for Terry and Arlene. This development also injects a little fun and suspense into an otherwise drab side plot, which is great, because Carrie Preston and Todd Lowe deserve some good, exciting material to work with. These are great actors who've been shoved to the sidelines on the show for too long.

So what do you think? Has Ray returned to reclaim his son?

opal41

I like Terry and Arllen characters, this baby plot is cracking me up and adding true fun to true blood, I think in the end we will find out that Terry has some sort of powers, (good power) or at least I am hoping for it. And the doll is like some sort of Chucky's doll, kinda typical plot line there. But is it my imagination or is that little baby actually looking like Renee? Anyway I am already enjoying True Blood this season, except for Andy drug addition and Jason's situation is a dogg -on-shame.

July 18 2011 at 5:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
luvstv

Its Renee not Ray..I think its that creepy a#% doll!! Im definitely intrigued by this storyline :)

July 18 2011 at 4:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CHERLAYN

I 'get' that Jessica is dead but who in the hell gives a dirty motley ugly doll to a baby and a baby boy @ that????

July 18 2011 at 2:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
big1nfla

so the doll thinks its a real baby? My money's on a lingering Terry PTSD short-lived blackout, hence the buddy character to appear in the finale. It will be refreshing if my hunch is right and the supernatural fears in this particular scenario aren't realized. Has this show been renewed for a fifth season yet?

July 18 2011 at 10:53 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Sean

Also, it was not Rene or the baby that wrote it, it was the doll that Hoyt and Jessica gave them. Did you not notice that the doll was sitting right next to the baby? The same doll that Hoyt and Jessica threw away several times, but kept mysteriously reappearing.

July 18 2011 at 10:46 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Jackie DeVaul Davis

*Rene. Rene is the daddy, not Ray. :)

July 18 2011 at 10:15 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply