August 23, 2014

Charlie Sheen 'Anger Management' Sitcom is Official

by Jean Bentley, posted Jul 18th 2011 12:30PM
Charlie SheenThe improbable continued presence of Charlie Sheen in show business keeps hanging on.

Lionsgate TV announced today that the bitchin' rock star from mars will officially return to television in a new sitcom based on the 2003 Adam Sandler/Jack Nicholson comedy 'Anger Management' that followed an anger management therapist who was angrier than his mild-mannered patient.

The show will be distributed by Debmar-Mercury, and Sheen will "retain a significant ownership stake in the series," according to the press release that Deadline obtained. Because getting into business with Sheen worked so well for Chuck Lorre and Warner Bros.

"I chose 'Anger Management' because, while it might be a big stretch for me to play a guy with serious anger management issues, I think it is a great concept," Sheen said in a statement. "It also provides me with real ownership in the series, a certain amount of creative control and the chance to be back in business with one of my favorite movie producers of all time, Joe Roth."

The series reunites Roth and Sheen, who worked together on movies like 'Major League,' 'Young Guns' and 'Three Musketeers.'

"Who better than Charlie Sheen to tackle 'Anger Management,'" Roth, who directed the original movie, said in a statement. "With Charlie's incredible talent and comedic gifts, he remains the leading man of TV sitcoms. I'm excited to collaborate with him once again."

Although no network has been named, we won't have to wait until the series goes into production to see Sheen back on television. He'll be the latest insult target in 'The Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen,' which is scheduled to air Sept. 19 -- the same night 'Two and a Half Men' returns to CBS with Ashton Kutcher taking Sheen's place.

Are you surprised anyone would greenlight a new show starring Charlie Sheen?

Kellyn Bate

Can't wait t see this show, loved Two and a half men but only watch the reruns now. Hoping to be entertained again!

June 14 2012 at 3:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alyssum1218

Believe it or not I have not had cable in 4 years but I got it for when his show airs, It is going to be freakin hilarous!

November 19 2011 at 8:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alyssum1218

I can't wait until it airs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 19 2011 at 8:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Claudia Mas

I'm not surprised because Charlie is a very talented actor and a hilarious person. I'm not at all astounded at the fact of the new show, I don't think he's at all mad it's just he's different. Everyones different only he's not afraid to speak of it unlike you other weirdos who hide away in your basement and stare at the wall until your eyes blow off and you even be found cause you're too weird for anyone to fuckin know you! (sorry- sidetracked)

September 18 2011 at 8:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbigchuck

Who's got the issues here? Mavis I do think Charlies Sheens Character acting is The Berries! And I'm Happy!!
If Sheen Shows up to work I'll watch him . lol Anger subject or not.

August 01 2011 at 8:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mavis

Only Charlie Sheen would think Anger and Drugs are entertainment. Of course people who watch this nutcase and think he is the berries will continue to do so. I guess they think Anger is funny.

August 01 2011 at 8:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fishing Info.

Wonder if Charlie was the 1/2??

July 23 2011 at 9:35 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
jvclone

I cant wait. If the man was a drunk or drug addict he did a great job of hidding it on 2 1/2 men.

July 19 2011 at 9:24 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
lftyjer

good.go to shopping >e bi biz com

July 19 2011 at 11:29 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to lftyjer's comment
Ann

NO--.go away. You are annoying and trying to steal advertising dollars.

July 23 2011 at 1:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BELOW ME

dumbass go home with you're stupid ads

September 19 2011 at 7:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
american172

I CANT WAIT, HOPE THEY GET THE 2 1\2 WRITERS TO GET HIM THE MATERIAL THAT HE USED TO MAKE THAT SHOW SO GREAT. GOOD LUCK KUTCHER THERE IS NO COMPARISON. ILL BE WATCHING THE ROAST FOR SURE

July 19 2011 at 10:17 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply