October 21, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Clay Aiken's Son Won't Let Him Sing in the House (VIDEO)

by Nick Zaino, posted Jul 18th 2011 6:45PM
Clay Aiken says his son doesn't like ot hear him sing on 'The Talk'Enough people liked Clay Aiken's singing in 2003 to make him the runner up on 'American Idol.' If his son Parker had been born then, it sounds like he would have voted for Ruben Studdard. Aiken said Monday on 'The Talk' (weekdays, Syndicated on CBS) that Parker, who turns three in August, doesn't like it when his dad sings around the house. And it kind of hurts his feelings.

"If I sing in the house he gets upset and tells me to be quiet," said Aiken. "Or if I sing along with the TV, 'Don't sing.'" The odd part is, when they get into the car, Parker loves to hear his dad's CD. "Which is so much more miserable for me," said Aiken. "I would rather sing than have to hear myself. I don't want to listen to myself. But he's very insistent, so I listen to myself a lot more in the car than I care to."

What about singing in the car along with the CD? That's apparently a no-no, too. So he just has to listen to his recorded self, something Leah Remini said must be embarrassing when someone rolls up beside him and catches Aiken listening to his own music.

Martha Ellis

Please fix the facts. Parker is Clay's biological son.....You need to fix this. When you have a big mistake like this in an article it makes everyone question other things you write....

It's easy to fix......JUST DO IT!!!

July 20 2011 at 1:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sylvia Tennie Parkey

For the umpteenth time, PARKER is CLAYS biological son.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 19 2011 at 7:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bobby

His son is NOT adopted dummy......he is his own flesh and blood !

July 19 2011 at 4:09 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Shelley

Just a correction: He's not adopted.

July 19 2011 at 2:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
iammesmerized1

I want to correct one small detail in your article. Parker is Clay's biological son, not his adopted son.

Great article though. : )

July 19 2011 at 12:41 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Sue Reu

I wonder which CD is Parker's favorite? The kid has good taste, listening to Daddy Singer in the car =)

July 19 2011 at 11:29 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
williamst1978

I'm gonna have to disagree with Parker on this one. Maybe when he turns 3 he will change his mind lol! LIVE Clay is the bomb.com.. Looking forward to seeing him on stage after his break!

July 19 2011 at 10:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sasha

Parker is NOT adopted. He is the natural child of Clay and Jaymes Foster.

July 19 2011 at 10:21 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Debbie

Nick, you had better fix that one line about Parker being adopted. We fans are going to correct you to death. Parker is Clay's biological son through In Vitro Fertilization with Clay's best friend and record producer, Jaymes Foster.

July 18 2011 at 11:52 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Michelle Noway

OMG. Parker is not adopted. He is the child of Clay Aiken and his BFF, Jaymes Foster, who is David Foster's (the Grammy winning record producer) sister and produced several of Clay Aiken's albums.

July 18 2011 at 9:01 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply