April 17, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'The Bachelorette': Ashley Meets the Guys' Families, Sends One Home (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jul 19th 2011 12:51AM
Ashley Hebert, 'The Bachelorette'Ashley Hebert took a whirlwind tour to four different families on 'The Bachelorette' (Mon., 8PM ET on ABC). It was the home visits week, which meant the four remaining bachelors would have to deal with all the skeletons of their families being laid bare before Ashley.

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

Actually, it was a pretty skeleton-free affair, meaning Ashley didn't learn any horrible secrets, or experience any crazy situations to help her make that agonizing decision to send one of those guys right back to the family she was just cozying and smiling with.

Ben took her to wine country to sample his family's own wine, while Constantine treated her to a big fat Greek family welcome, which was as warm and rambunctions as you'd imagine. J.P. treated her to a throwback whirl around the skating rink, while Ames went with a more subtle picnic experience.

In the end, she finally succumbed to reality. While Ames was a beautiful thinker and he said some amazing and wonderful things, he was always a little awkward, and let's face it ... Ashley just didn't find him as hot as the others. Plus, he has that kind of creepy frozen facial expression.

His expression barely changed when he realized he was the odd-man-out at the rose ceremony. But, in proper Ames fashion, he left with some beautiful parting words for Ashley. "It's been totally beautiful and full of the unexpected and even more poetic than I would have ever imagined and I'll remember every second of it for the rest of my life."

Do you think she made the right call? Who do you want Ashley to pick in the finale?

Elaine

Poor Ames, or rather lucky Ames. Ashley could have at least given him an explanation as to why she rejected him. He left the show obviously in shock and wondering why.

July 19 2011 at 5:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Louis

She should have sent Constantine the Greek home. As traditional Greek families are concerned, anyone who is not Greek will never ever be part of the family. If she chooses him, she will always be the outsider looking in. Also, Ashley is a freee spirit. Greek men are usually very controlling. She will have a rough time and it won't last.

Ben might be her best choice except that Ben still lives with his mother. If she can deal with a live-in mother-in-law, she will do well...if not, at least she will have plenty of wine.

Ames was nice but too quirky and the other guy just doesn't seem right. Sorry Ashley, if I were there, I know you'd pick me, but I guess it's not meant to be.

July 19 2011 at 3:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mona

I sure hope that in the end, it will be JP that ends up with her. He is more down to earth and alot more mature in his ways.

July 19 2011 at 3:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shadolade

I can't stand Ashley and I can't believe she is even on the show. I only hope she doesn't pick JP and ruin his life and as far as that goes they should all run. She deserves someone like Bentley

July 19 2011 at 3:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ray Turner

I hope she doesnt pick Ames, Ben and ofcourse Ryan because she sooo doesnt deserve any of them
She is the worse Bachelorett of them all, I want her to go way.

July 19 2011 at 2:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
janrean

She should chose Ben. He adores her and she would have an amazing life with him. Gossip is that she chose JP. He was too jealous too soon and has a reputation for being a womanizer. I don't think she has much in common with him career wise.

July 19 2011 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Greeney

I sort of agree with most of what folks said, except......I wasn't sure if Ames was a bit, well a whole lot shy, just plain slowwww, or gay. Honestly people, he is on the Bachelorette and slowpokes always come in last. He is gorgeous, he is sweet, and all sorts of good stuff. And truthfully, Ashley, to me, is a total DITZ. Whiney voice, cockier then anyone on the Bachelor or Bachelorette SO FAR, and cackling all the time at unfunny things. After all the comments about her flat chest, I would think she would at least wear a pretty little pushup bra, or a bra with some content to it. It doesn't take much to make a boy look like a girl. She needs help when all of the possible "husbands" (ha ha) take a shot at her booblessness. Jus Sayin!!!

July 19 2011 at 1:48 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
msramblinrose15

If I were only 20 or so years younger I would pick Ames he was a gentleman and a person I would have endless hours of conversation with. I am glad she didn't pick him because he had too much depth for her she is so very shallow!

July 19 2011 at 1:26 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
imcoopers

My vote is Ames. What a true gentleman.
Would love to see him as the bachelor.

July 19 2011 at 1:00 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
alexamoon1

Ashley chose greasy and greaiser over Ames ... unbelivable! This has been the worst Bachelorette (Ashley) ever. I have been upset since she let West go. Why? Because he had lost his wife??? My hope is that Bentley comes back and she chooses him ... and lives a life of misery! Ashley is so shallow.
Ames, you are so fortunate not to be with her. With your personality, intelligence and heart of gold the "RIGHT" woman is out there for you and I wish you much love and happiness always.

July 19 2011 at 12:53 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply