April 18, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Staci Amazes Chris Powell, Hits Her Goal on 'Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jul 19th 2011 1:03AM
'Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition'After a disappointing result last week, when Chris Powell had to ultimately send Wally to a clinic for his food addiction after a year of losses and gains, he had more of a success to celebrate this week with Staci on 'Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition' (Mon., 10PM ET on ABC).

When he first met her she weighed 456 lbs and was a pile of misery and despair, having essentially given up any hope of ever being able to turn herself around from spiraling out of control. She never cared enough about herself to take care of herself.

But he also found in her someone with a drive and a need to do better. To be better, and she proved herself to him and, more importantly, to herself with a stunning transformation and a 201-lb weight loss.

Weight loss

Extreme weight loss, however, comes with risks. Like with any natural process, http://fitnessandweightloss.us

October 25 2011 at 8:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
asarnel

"Gluttony kills more than the sword"
Proverb

July 19 2011 at 1:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ginhackler

im fat, happy and healthy and yes fat and healthy are possible, i dont want to be thin i dont want to lose weight im glad she did and is happy but everyone should learn to love thereselfs no matter what

July 19 2011 at 1:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
crafty454

I'm happy for her!
She's a gorgeous woman!
I wish all the best as she continues to turn her life around!

July 19 2011 at 1:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to crafty454's comment
exitscreaming

good for her, but gorgeous?

July 21 2011 at 1:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
asarnel

Thirty-five years ago I had a brush with death due to my weight. I just vowed to myself if I pulled out of my brush with death, I would declare war on my self-destructive habits, mainly gluttony. Today they make such a big deal in this day and age about losing weight and most people don't realize they don't "love" to eat, thay are "addicted" to the foods they are eating and have no choice in the matter. All of the so call people who lose lots of weight especially the ones on television, wind up gaining it all back and more. "How do I know this," you may be wondering? I have been doing women's hair for fifty years and seen so many of them gain and lose and gain and lose and finally just give into gluttony and become fat, old, and unmusically fit. That is not only the women but also the men. I have seen seventeen of my customers in the last five years die because of their eating habits. When I first started in the beauty business, no one had a weight problem and NO ONE ever talked about cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes. At that time, all of the women had their breasts. I will tell you my secrete in losing weight and never gain it back again: Throw all of the man made foods that have all of the sugars, salts, and chemicals, and replace them with God made foods: fish, foul, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and eggs and exercise one hour a day. Eat as if you were on an island and your will live to be in your hundreds and feel young all of your life. DON'T BE A VICTIM OF THIS SOCIATY--GO FOR THE GOLD AND BE LIKE GOD AND NATURE MENTH YOU TO BE--THE BODY HE WANTED YOU TO HAVE!

July 19 2011 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to asarnel's comment
filetm5150

Well said!

July 19 2011 at 1:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shirleyn48

BEAUTIFUL WOMAN. i HOPE SHE CONTINUES TO LOSE THE WEIGHT. GOOD LUCK!

July 19 2011 at 1:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nbmemo

WTG Staci!! Maybe another 50 pounds off, thats should be easier as you have already dropped alot..Keep it off!

July 19 2011 at 1:02 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
crnth13

I'd work really hard to lose weight too if my trainer was that cute. ROFL

July 19 2011 at 12:56 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
mr8pak

Americans are pigs, in general. Over consuming (e.g., 14+ trillion deficit).

July 19 2011 at 12:07 PM Report abuse -6 rate up rate down Reply
4 replies to mr8pak's comment
Emy

@filetm5150 - You are one absolutely bitter man. The woman is being congratulated for being strong-willed and reaching her goal. Why are you so angry? Is it because no one has ever paid mind to any of you achievements? Thankfully, there are still people in this world who will stick up for one another and not view this world as a dog eat dog world and turn their backs on another human being.

July 19 2011 at 12:04 PM Report abuse +7 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Emy's comment
filetm5150

lol....bitter? Hardly...I just tell it how it is.....you know, the truth? Not all your soft/liberal acceptance of how bad people are these days, and then praising them when they fix themselves. If this woman was so 'strong-willed" she'd not be looking like The Michelin Man in the FIRST place, and it wouldnt take her the opportunity to be on TV, in order to finally stop being a cow. Please, STOP IT. That's the whole point....you're sticking up for this crap, rather than condoning it. OK, if you chose to say nothing, that's fine, but to glorify these people, put them on TV, make them celebs and $, is just down-right pathetic of all of you who keep doing so. Doesn't make me bitter, makes all of you the biggest "losers". lol

July 19 2011 at 12:21 PM Report abuse -7 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to filetm5150's comment
Mr. Hodges, TAA

You, my friend, have missed the ENTIRE POINT. Clueless is an apt descriptor here.

This show -- and I've never watched more than a total of 20 minutes of it -- motivates others to lose weight. It takes courage to stand nearly naked in front of MILLIONS...face your devil...and then to have the WILLPOWER to make it happen.

I know as an older male about 50 lbs overweight, it makes ME say to myself, 'Heck, if she can do that much, certainly I can lose that smaller amount."

And...if u don't like it: simple solution -- VOTE by not watching the program.

The real question is: How many will find your attitude more negative than any pluses that you might have in your physical. I'd rather have someone with a good mind and a caring personality, than some self-absored individual who find ugliness where beauty can reside.

July 19 2011 at 3:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down