October 23, 2014

Jorja Fox Rejoins 'CSI' As Series Regular

by Chris Harnick, posted Jul 20th 2011 10:45AM
Jorja FoxJorja Fox has officially rejoined the 'CSI' family as a series regular.

Fox has been appearing on the hit CBS drama for the last four seasons as a recurring guest star, but TVLine reports Fox will now be re-promoted to series regular.

One of the original 'CSI' cast members, Fox left the series in Season 8, but returned as a guest star in Season 9.

Now as 'CSI' prepares for a big cast change -- Ted Danson is replacing Laurence Fishburne -- Fox is officially home again.

Big changes are in store for Season 12. Danson will play the new night shift supervisor, and the the series moves from its Thursday timeslot to Wed., at 10PM starting Sept. 21.

'CSI' creator Anthony Zuiker is leaving CBS for a new home at ABC Studios. According to Deadline, the new 3-year deal will see Zuiker producing new scripted content for ABC Studios.

Tell us: Are you happy Jorja Fox is sticking with 'CSI' in a bigger role?

gmzbjz

I will not ever watch the show as long as fox is on it. I have not and will not see any show she is on

October 06 2011 at 11:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AssKiss

Glad she's back for good...the way things're going, she might end up the anchor.

August 10 2011 at 8:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
omcbratney

I will REALLY miss Marg. Everyone who leaves csi makes a difference in the show, especially if you've watched since the beginning!

August 03 2011 at 4:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jcbc47

Not thrilled with Fox's return. Never liked her (the character Sarah, not Fox so much). Agree with previous poster and was dismayed when she and Grissom hooked up. Would have preferred a Peterson/Helgenberger matchup if there had to be one, but understand that that relationship was preperatory for both to leave the series. I will say, though, that she(Sidle) hasn't been quite the unhappy, self-absorbed whiney character that she was as a regular previously.

For now, I'll take the producer's word for it re. Danson. I haven't seen anything in any of his previous roles that would translate into what I would expect in a CSI administrator. But, I was skeptical about Fishburne when he was hired and he turned out to be really good. Nobody can adequately replace Peterson, but, hey, it was his decision to leave.

July 31 2011 at 3:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
River

Love CSI. Liked Fishburne, but think I will like Danson better. Happy Fox is back, but it's too bad they wouldn't do more to get PETERSON back ! No one can replace him !

July 31 2011 at 2:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
susanrascal123

I am really excited about her staying with the show! Her character and her acting add a fresh breath of air. It is sad that the character of Grissom is not coming back. He was the charactor/actor that made the show to begin with. He is dearly missed. Perhaps we can get surprised with him making conjugal visits lol! Now that would be awesome!

July 31 2011 at 9:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wwoolen534

I am sorry that Jorja Fox will be a regular. Never liked her, especially when she and Grissom got together. That was a weird match up.

July 29 2011 at 11:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom Flynn LaSusa

I haven't watched the show for some time now...can someone tell me how they are explaining how Sarah and Grissom are maintaining their long-distance marriage?

July 21 2011 at 12:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply