July 6, 2015

EXCLUSIVE: Sharon Osbourne Confirms She's Taking a Break from 'The Talk'

by Michael Maloney, posted Jul 21st 2011 1:45AM
Sharon Osbourne
The soap-themed Web site Daytime Confidential reported earlier this week that Sharon Osbourne, who's pulling double duty as a judge on 'America's Got Talent' and co-host of 'The Talk,' soon will be leaving the CBS daytime talk show.

Last night, Osbourne confirmed exclusively to AOL TV that the buzz is true -- however, she says that she won't be making a complete departure.

When the talk show returns from a summer vacation with new episodes in September, Osbourne will be taking a break from the show so she can spend more time with her rock star husband, Ozzy Osbourne.

"I've kept it no secret that I really miss my husband," says Osbourne. "He'll have been on tour for 18 months by the time it's over. I've spent a lot of time away from him. He gets a break at the end of September and so I've asked [the show] for a little break so I can be with him."

Osbourne will definitely be missed. She literally sits in the middle of the panel on 'The Talk' for a reason -- the insight and spin that she puts on issues has made her the heart and humor of the show in many respects. The good news is that she's planning on remaining with 'The Talk,' just in a reduced capacity.

"I don't want to give [it] up. It's a great, great show. We've all worked really hard over the last year. I'm not going to walk away from that. I just need some real good quality time to be with my hubby.

"I'm very close to the women on the show," she warmly added about co-hosts Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Holly Robinson Peete and Leah Remini. "I didn't think that I would be [because] none of us knew each other going into it. We just didn't know each other socially." (Daytime Confidential's sources had it the other way around, citing "tension on the set.")

When we asked her 'AGT' pal, host Nick Cannon, about the news, he said he doesn't envy 'The Talk' trying to fill Osbourne's void. "She's marvelous. She's the caregiver to us all. She just calms us all down."

Will you miss Sharon Osbourne on 'The Talk'?

Denise Utter Pribe

Very simple, "Nope!"

June 23 2015 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sailor71

ForThose that consider Sharon Osbourne your hero , you are sick. She not only mimed a complete scenario of a man having his penis chopped off and thrown down the garbage disposal, but she thought it was funny, very funny. Never considering , the horror of being drugged to wake up bleading out with no penis.
Women today feel , if it didn't happen to them ,then it is hilarious. And to take a man's "manhood." to be the final act of the feminist rise to power; as justifiable..
But that wasn't enough for Sharon, she did it again. She said that the only way to discipline a man who is caught cheating or mabe suspected of cheating, is to cut of his testicles. She is a misandric bitch, who enjoys using her power to denegrate men. She is getting far less than she deserves.
We all know what would have happened had the tables been turned. It would have been another Gloria Allred moment. Sick, Sick women.

July 13 2012 at 7:07 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Chris

Her behavior was irresponsible and unacceptable for television. She promoted genital mutilation. CBS should not condone such behavior or allow her back on the air. This is why we need stricter FCC regulations, there is simply no reason to allow such gross negligent behavior on television.

January 25 2012 at 2:42 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Todd

Her apology was so insincere, and the fact that the first instinct during the "free flow" of gab was to laugh and chuckle (including all the females in the audience) about this horrible, life changing, sadistic act. Well, there really isn't any apology from these mirror-rats that would ever suffice for what was done to that man in my opinion. Sharon owes her fame and fortune to her father and her husband (both with penises), and that might be something good for her to keep in mind as she slinks off into well deserved (yet quite comfortable) obscurity. Feminism and it's many media accomplices has really created a bunch of sick people is all I can take away from this mess.

December 31 2011 at 2:29 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
cory

Yo Ozzy, watch out around sharp objects or garbage disposals. Your wife would find seeing your genitals removed and whizzing around hilarious.

Sharon, you are despicable, disgusting human being, and you deserve far worse than this slap on the wrist for the unfair way you portray and depict men on network television.

October 18 2011 at 9:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael

Hey Sharon, check out this hilarious stuff on female genital mutilation:

I'm hosting a new chat show soon. You want to come on and have a good laugh about this? Awesome, we'll keep things just as classy as 'The Talk', no problem.

October 18 2011 at 7:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
quzey

I never missed and episode last season. Julie can be boring (weird hand gestures too) and Sarah is always droopy. Leah, Holly and Sharon were the personality of the show. Leah could get a little overbearing but she was fun. Having Sharon host the show was a HUGE mistake. She was FAR too animated. I felt like I was watching a childrens storytime show. Other than that, she was terrific.

I do like Kris Jenner on the show but Molly is a bit odd and the other woman (sorry I don't know her name) is a bit too stand up commedian for a talk show. I stopped watching after they took Leah and Holly off the show.

What I would like to see on any talk show is a hispanic woman (BTW I'm white).

September 29 2011 at 3:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cassie B

I agree, Sharon Leah and Holly made the show....i watched a few times afterwards...wasnt a fan anymore...Love Sharon Leah and HOlly...the should do somenthing on HBO...no hang ups on what to say...that would be a great great show!!! Just like a night sitting around having a beverage with your friends!

September 29 2011 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Micheline Frenette

I am so disapointed that we won't see you on the show. I thought that the five of you were a perfect combination. I will miss Leah and Holly enormosly. Thanks for giving us such a good show but it's over for me. It's just not the same without the three of you.
Sharon enjoy your time with your husband and good luck with your future project.

September 26 2011 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Moreno Family

No I will not miss Sharon. I definately do not miss Leah or Holly.
Thank you for removing them.

September 21 2011 at 5:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply