August 28, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Cee Lo Green Previews His 'Monumentous' Vegas Show, Performs on 'Today' (VIDEO)

by Nick Zaino, posted Jul 22nd 2011 2:05PM
Matt Lauer talks to Cee Lo Green about Las Vegas on 'Today'Cee Lo Green is gearing up for a run in Las Vegas, which earned him the nickname 'Lo-berace' from Matt Lauer Friday on 'Today' (weekdays, 7AM on NBC). Green, a hit-making singer and judge on the singing contest show 'The Voice,' is hoping the run will be a big deal for fans who might not be too familiar with the city's big shows.

"I wanted to do something new and fresh for this generation," Green told Lauer. "I don't think anybody from our generation has got the opportunity to do something monumentous like that. And so I would like to do something exceptional, you know. The way that I feel about myself and the way that my career is going, it makes sense."

Green's penchant for strange costumes and theatrical stagings, and his band of what appear to be supermodels, should be a good fit for Vegas. Perhaps as a tribute to Sin City, Green performed 'Bright Lights Bigger City,' though he did change the words to "bright lights in New York City."

Jallplaynowork

This will show my age, but everytime I hear his songs I want to put on some rollerskates and just go!

July 23 2011 at 3:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jec7906721

even at my age which is over 60 i think cee lo green is the best love his grammy single

July 23 2011 at 11:45 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
traumajunkie3

They should make Matt Lauer have his daughter..( if he has any) go out for the night with these pimps

July 23 2011 at 10:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to traumajunkie3's comment
mcc1cam

How do you know CeeLo's a pimp? Does he procure hookers for you?

July 23 2011 at 12:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hello Gerri

I don't get Cee Lo. How did this man ever get famous. HE CAN'T SING. Everytime I have come across him singing live on TV, he sounds terrible and can never reach his high notes. I JUST DON'T GET IT. Well, in this day and age, younger generations do not know REAL MUSIC because look at what they grew up on.

July 23 2011 at 8:56 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Hello Gerri's comment
allby65

Have you ever heard of the term (Holly weird ) well if your kind of awkward then you fit right in Hollywood !!!

July 23 2011 at 9:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mcc1cam

What is "Real Music" - just what YOU like? CeeLo isn't just a singer, he's a great producer, as well. And as for not hitting his 'high notes,' he's an intelligent man - he doesn't utlilize high notes - he knows his limitations. He's trying to bring back entertainment from an earlier generation...no, you 'just don't get it!'

July 23 2011 at 12:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply