September 18, 2014

Stephen King's 'Bag of Bones' Heads to A&E With Pierce Brosnan Starring

by Chris Harnick, posted Jul 22nd 2011 3:45PM
Pierce BrosnanStephen King's 'Bag of Bones' is getting the TV treatment thanks to A&E. Pierce Brosnan will headline the miniseries.

Brosnan will play novelist Mike Noonan, a man torn up with grief over the sudden death of his wife, Jo. Inspired by a dream, the character goes to the couple's lakeside property in Maine and becomes involved in a custody battle.

Joining Brosnan is 'X-Files' veteran Annabeth Gish, who will play Jo.

Mick Garris will direct the script, adapted for the small screen by Matt Venne.

The four-hour event will air over two nights, and is set to premiere sometime in the fourth quarter of 2011.

Tell us: Is this one of Stephen King's stories you want to see on screen?

Jessica

Ohhhh! I know who you mean, I love that actor. I think his name is David Sheftell. I've seen him on a couple of things but not a lot. But I think he's reeeeeeeeeeeallly HOTT! So I'm definitely looking forward to watching Bag of Bones.

October 13 2011 at 2:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RUBYGIR16

I love the actor who plays young Max he soooo cute! I've seen him before on a couple of soaps he usually plays the good guy so it will be interesting to see him be the bad guy. Bag of Bones was one of my favorite books and I really like Pierce Brosnan even though he's getting on a bit, I'll definitely watch the TV version, I heard it's coming out in December.

October 13 2011 at 1:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Monica

Looking forward to it.. This is one of my Favorite Sthephen's King Books. Love the cast can´t wait

September 03 2011 at 4:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lgraywolf105

Insomnia was suppose to be a movie too, back in 2007. What ever happened to that idea. Brosnan was also suppose to star in that movie. Will this just be another idea.

July 28 2011 at 3:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
writchier

a fantastic story and Brosnam will be perfect for the role

July 23 2011 at 2:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sabrina

Bag of Bones is my second favorite book by Stephen King. (First being Insomnia) I have wanted to see a movie version of this story since the first time I read it. The book made me cry and made me angry. Angry at the author for taking to storyline the direction he did. It is one of his fineset pieces of work. Yeah A&E. Yeah Brosnan. Yeah Anabeth,

July 23 2011 at 7:55 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
HELLO FROM GRADY

there were only 2 bonds sean and pierce. the rest were just average trying to play a huge role that only sean and pierce knew how to do.

July 23 2011 at 7:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vmary

Manions of America, first appearance here...drop-dead gorgeous. You can get the DVDs. Very suave in Remington Steele. Mr. Brosnan is aging gracefully; watch Mamma Mia. He can't sing but who cares?

July 23 2011 at 7:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy

Looking forward to it...Pierce Brosnan is a class act and a darned good actor!! Great pairing...

July 23 2011 at 7:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marcsmpsn

Hmmm, nothing special going on here....

July 23 2011 at 5:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply