September 1, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Clay Aiken Takes the Stand in a Mail-Order Bride Scam on 'Drop Dead Diva' (VIDEO)

by Nick Zaino, posted Jul 25th 2011 3:10PM
Clay Aiken guest stars on 'Drop Dead Diva'Former 'American Idol' finalist Clay Aiken got to try out his acting chops Sunday on 'Drop Dead Diva' (Sundays, 9PM on Lifetime), playing a witness in a case of a mail-order-bride scam. Aiken played Tyler, the former husband of Irina, the mail-order bride in question. Grayson and Kim were representing Hank the Bailiff, who once had a crush on Jane and was dumped by Irina.

Grayson and Kim were suspicious when they interviewed Tyler, finding out that he left Irina on good terms. She didn't max out his credit cards and returned the engagement ring. "I felt terrible, but after a couple of months I just realized she wasn't right for me," said Tyler.

Irina then married Hank and dumped him. It seemed like just a failed match, but then Grayson and Kim found something in Tyler's income that seemed fishy, and called Tyler to the stand. "Your job paid the exact amount as the engagement ring my client bought Irina, which she never returned to him," Grayson said, questioning Tyler.

Tyler had lost his job in marketing, and Irina returned to Russia, became a mail-order bride again, and found a new husband from which to filch some cash, so she and Tyler could have an income. "In a bad economy, you two figured out a way to make a little extra cash at my client's expense," said Grayson. Tyler was advised to invoke his fifth amendment rights.

Melodie

First time I watched DDD,and only because Clay was on it. It's a very good show. Clay did a wonderful job !

July 28 2011 at 11:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anna

:D:D:D Thanks!

July 28 2011 at 11:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rita Hovermale

This episode of DDD is enhanced by the guest appearance of Clay Aiken! He is a multi-talented performer, singer extraordinaire!, talented actor, humanitarian, all around entetainer!!!

July 26 2011 at 7:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peggy

Tuned into DDD because Clay Aiken was going to be on it. he did an amazing job playing the role of Tyler. I really enjoyed the show and will watch it again.

July 26 2011 at 12:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
devinmcmusters

They stuffed this episode with gay actors to make a statement. I shouldn't say "actors" because Aiken and Bass are far from actors.
I did enjoy seeing the neighbor from Married with Children again. Goodness, she went to pot!

July 26 2011 at 8:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cookiebruno5

Never saw the show before, tuned in to see Clay. Always thought he did a great job on Scrubs and he had another wonderful night last night. Thought he portrayed the character to a "T". He seems to ace most everything he attempts,amazing man.

July 26 2011 at 1:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cindy

Enjoyed this episode quite a bit. Hadn't seen the show before I heard Clay was going to be on. Maybe a conflict with other household members favorite show, don't know for sure, but just hadn't seen it. I have since been catching up on Netflix,and become rather attached to the characters. Love Jane, and Fred and Shelly. Will continue to watch.

July 26 2011 at 1:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Meemsss Meem

█████══█████
very good
█████══█████lets go--- w * w - jor dan for world - c o m

█████══█████

July 25 2011 at 11:36 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
htt96

I really enjoyed last nights episode. I love DDD and Clay Aiken is so mult talented. Hope to see him in future episodes.

July 25 2011 at 8:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kta5050

Clay did a great job on Drop Dead Diva. I think I've got a new favorite show! :)

July 25 2011 at 7:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply