April 16, 2014

'All My Children' Update: Online Move Could be Delayed

by Chris Harnick, posted Jul 26th 2011 11:30AM
Susan Lucci, All My Children The 'All My Children' online migration might not happen as quickly as fans -- and producers -- want.

According to the New York Times, contract negotiations may interrupt production of 'All My Children' for a few months. Reports originally had Prospect Park continuing 'All My Children' just days after leaving ABC on Sept. 23, but now the show might not move online until the first quarter of 2012.

Taking 'AMC' from TV to the web requires changes to the production budgets and those have to go through negotiations with guilds and unions that represent the production staff.

"The love and support for 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live' is truly amazing," Prospect Park said in a statement. "Since we announced our intention to work with the shows, the fan outreach we've experienced over the past few weeks further validates our decision to work to keep them going for years to come. However we also respect the organizations and processes that are in place so that all can apply their craft within the infrastructure that the entertainment industry has set, specifically in this case with the appropriate guilds and unions."

"We are in the process of working out the essential terms of our proposed collective bargaining agreements with the appropriate guilds and unions, which we must do prior to firming up deals with above-and below-the-line talent," the company said. "We will provide updates as needed."

Since 'One Life to Live' isn't scheduled to leave ABC until January, it's expected that negotiations won't hold up its move to the Internet.

ABC canceled the soaps in April, but amidst fan outcry the network signed a licensing agreement with Prospect Park to continue the shows online.

Watch the latest "All My Children" here:

Tell us: Are you upset 'All My Children' might not make start online right away?

Lashawn

Bring Back AMC!

June 10 2012 at 9:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lashawn

I really miss the show and especially Erica, Ryan and Adam. I am a die hard fan ans started watching the shwo with my mother and continued until they took it off the air. I really thought they (the network) would find a way to keep it on. Please bring back AMS......it is truly missed. And take off the CHEW!!!!!!

June 10 2012 at 9:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shelly McKeon

i miss watchin all my children. I wish they would have left all my children on and took off general hospital. It was one of the best soaps out there. please bring it back

June 06 2012 at 10:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Desiree Lee

i've watched all my children for 31 years, and i truly am a fan. i miss the show, and can't imagine what the stars of the show are doing today, they have so many fans, myself included. susan lucci, i miss you the most.:( you truly are a great actress, and i'm so glad you finally got an award, so well deserved. i watched you when you were just a teenager on the show, you are, and always will be my favorite part of all my children. when the show ended, i cried, my grieving began. please bring back the show, it's so important to me, and many fans too. thanks, a dedicated follower.

May 12 2012 at 9:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gypsy

I have watched AMC since day one,,i cannot believe its been cancelled and NOW we are being delayed the online version for this long,,get yer butts in GEAR PEOPLE,,,im going insane waiting,,,MOVE YER BLOOMIN" ARSE!!!!!

March 14 2012 at 8:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Yolanda

Signed All My Children Fan. I 'm a true All My Children fans since the being of time. My babysitter watched the show. I 've being married for 26 years my husband and and I watch the show every night. There has been a void in our lives since Sept. 23th. All My children was truly like a family to us. Please please come back to us.

March 12 2012 at 10:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hearts5912

I started watching All My Children while pregnant with my first child. He is now 40!! It's awful that they cancelled the best soap on tv. They should bring it back to TV not online. Probly too late to get all those great actors and actresses back!! And who did JR shoot????

March 02 2012 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marguerite.l

I'm very upset with ABC.It was always my favorite network,well guess what ABC,I dont care what program it is,if its on ABC its not going on in my home.The last thing we need is another food,talk, or reality show.We live this everyday and the soaps were a place to escape.I truely hope ABC's ratings drop.All it will take is a boycott,not very hard to do with their great programming

January 13 2012 at 8:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shirley

I am so disappointed with ABC! Do they really think we need another cooking or talk show? I am so sick of all the talk/food shows. They are all pretty much the same. And Chew this; I can't stand that Italian (so called chef) arogant host Mario!!?? The only reason I have seen this show is that it is on the same channel as the Doctors (which I love, but please no more doctor shows either). Please bring All My Children back!!! Please, please, please!!

January 09 2012 at 2:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wildrose528

Abc sucks for taking off our soap. I also agree the chew Sucks !!!!! I wish another network would pick up all my children and show abc how there ratings go up. Why don't they do that.....

January 09 2012 at 9:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply