September 30, 2014

'Gene Simmons Family Jewels' Finale Preview: Gene Proposes to Shannon

by Matt Herman, posted Jul 26th 2011 1:45PM
Gene Simmons: Family JewelsIt hasn't been the best of times for Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed on this season of their hit A&E reality show, 'Gene Simmons Family Jewels' (Tues., 10PM). However, all that may change with one simple question: "Will you marry me?"

In the sneak peek at Tuesday's episode below, the KISS frontman, who has openly denounced marriage, proposes to longtime girlfriend Tweed.

Over the last few weeks, the duo made some disastrous talk show appearances -- 'Today' in particular -- and Tweed even walked out on Simmons in an earlier episode. Can marriage solve their problems?

"I used to watch movies where they say, 'I can't live without you,' but for me it's true," Simmons says in the clip.

Tell us: Do you think Shannon accepts Gene's proposal?

pat59

I just can't get past that nasty jet black dye job on Gene's hair.. It looks RIDICULOUS--i it makes him look like those ridiculous old ladies who dye their hair jet black--so un natural....His hair might have been jet black 40 yrs. ago, but c'mon....yuck!

September 23 2011 at 3:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
julyzchild

oh m sure she will, seems he has changed so much for the better... all she wanted is to be the only one in his life... good luck shannon,gene, have another 28 years of love for each other, god bless

July 30 2011 at 2:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
btilton2

shannon take the ring and run and pawn it!!! dont look back

July 27 2011 at 5:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debbie Patton

Shannon, Gene is looking at his life and you are to? You said you just give up 2? yrs with someone. II hope you said YES. Someone told me along time ago IT TAKE A LONG TIME TURN A BIG SHIP AROUND. Been where you are many of us ladies have. Have faith, trust in God and yes Gene there is only 1 GOD and you are not him :). Shannon it is going to fun to watch the 2 of you as Man and Wife, really nothing is going to change except GOD is going to really Bless your family. Looking forward to the next season. Oh Gene if she says NO! Turn your Ship Around.....Be there for your kids

July 27 2011 at 1:35 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
tc82433

that was so sweet

July 27 2011 at 12:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hi Betty

I'm not sure now. I just giot done reading her book from 2007 and am reading his book ot sure of date, but when some people finally get what they want .....they don't do it. And for her this might be it. She's compirmised on everything , but not children she told him from the very start she wanted kids and the marriage thing she'd comprimse on, no biggie to her. But now the kids are tevhnically out of the house, grown she is going thru, what I have been thru myself, the empty nest symdrome, not sure what she wants and doesn;t really have a companion( READ:married partner) who shares her views and they can do more now, but Gene works 24/7 now sure she knew that part and she wanted kids and he's a great provider and let her rule the roost and do whetever shge wanted & wants to do, so for her she has all the freedom and money to do what she wants, but now that he's proposed maybe now she won't except....it's hard to explain if you haven't been there, I have so I know from which I speak. I feel for her , but like I said she knew what she signed up for, except now when he's shown with women she feels very hurt, angry, betrayed and is feeling this is not what she wants anymore now that the kids are gone and being well taken care of, and always will be. I hope she goes ahead with the wedding , but I can't describe the feeling I feel for her, except that she might do what everyone thinks!!!!!There may be a surprise or 2 around the corner .It's like a midlife crisis for her and she feels alone and maybe she'll keep him hanging and do what she wants. I may or may not watch next year. I have watched since the very first pilot and most of it was great and to get to know them was great. Her kids which she has raised, not Gene, have turned out wonderful and she should and does feel proud!!!!!!Goo Luck Shannon to whatever you choose, Been there and do what YOU want, not because Gene is now "ready", ha what a joke I feel , almost an insult at this point, she can live the way she wants and do what she wants and not have Gene or worry about him , except for the kids might want to see him of course they still are his kids. LIke my kids they are what we all"revolving door" kids, they move out and in with a friend/boy-girlfriend, when that is over they move back in or in their case they certainly have enough room to keep the rooms for them!!!!!!!And who knows she may find another man at some point if she does choose to walk, but she has said man, many times, Genie is the one for her, he has everthing she wants in a man and it's too hard to look at her age(which I don;t believe) to find what she wants, except divorced men, lifelong Bachelors or gosh knows what!!!!!God Speed Shannon whatever you choose & I hope you do it for you, not your kids or Gene!!!!!!Call me we'll talk!!!!!!LOL

July 27 2011 at 5:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
p

I wouldn't say that Shannon is brain damaged. Those kids have been well provided for and well raised. Shannon has gotten to live in a very nice home with alot of luxeries. So what if it is a show? It is a show because it is there to entertain us and I do find it quite touching at times and also humorous. They are a good family and I believe decent people too.

July 27 2011 at 1:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jmsulli

Who cares? He's a low life with dyed jet black hair and she must be brain damaged to shack up with this creep in the first place, let alone have his spawn. So gross it makes me itch.

July 27 2011 at 1:02 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
p

If you are watching the show and seen the previews-Shannon is speaking to Nick on a couch and is wearing a ring that appears to be an engagement ring.

July 26 2011 at 11:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ADK Recinellas

HERE"S THE PROBLEM WITH REALITY TV: Is it real or not? is it for ratings or not?

July 26 2011 at 10:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply