August 1, 2014

Odette Annable Joins 'House' as a Series Regular, 'Ringer' Recasts & More Casting News

by Chris Harnick, posted Jul 26th 2011 10:40AM
Odette AnnableOdette Annable is joining the cast of 'House' as a series regular. Fear not, 'Breaking In' fans, there is a plan in place should Fox decide to revive the Christian Slater comedy.

According to Deadline, Annable's deal with the show does allow her time to go back to 'Breaking In' if the show gets a Season 2 from Fox.

No details on Annable's new 'House' character have been released, other than that she meets House in prison.

Producers are still looking to cast a replacement for Lisa Edelstein's boss character.

In other casting news ...

Melissa George will co-star in 'Bag of Bones.' George will play Mattie, the mother of a young child caught in a custody battle. [TV Guide]

'Ringer' has recast the role of Juliet. Zoey Deutch will play the rebellious daughter of Andrew (Ioan Gruffudd) and stepdaughter of Siobhan (Sarah Michelle Gellar). [TV Guide]

'Blue Bloods' is giving Jamie Reagan (Will Estes) a new partner. Monica Raymund has joined the cast as Leah Sosa, partner to Jamie after Renzulli (Nick Turturro) becomes platoon commander. [TVLine]

More TV News: "Community Comic-Con Panel"

Brenda

I am just so glad that House is coming back. I really don't watch anything else, love my House!

July 27 2011 at 2:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
myenta9345

how about bringing back RICHARD CHAIMBERLIN AKA D.R. KILDARE, DYING OF AIDS AND THROW IN BEN CASEY AS GAY AND ROBERT YOUNG [MEDICAL CENTER] WHO BECAME A ALCOHOLIC THOSE WERE THE DAYS

July 27 2011 at 1:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
elysianfields08

she is pretty . I dont know if she has talent

July 27 2011 at 12:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sherry Lee

Is there a doctor in the House? I worked in a hospital and we didn't have a tenth of the things going on as on House. Of course, ni one would want to watch us. Keep at it House!! And I vote to keep Cuddy-she was good for House.

July 27 2011 at 12:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
iyatalin

House does not exist without Cuddy, they are both great together, but if I must I will watch with the new cast member.

July 27 2011 at 10:39 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
ET HOME

Bring House back! I welcome House back even with character changes as long as those two characters are not House (Laurie), and his best friend the oncologist, Dr. Wilson. Nothing needs to be altered in this great show. It is brilliant as is! Please, please, don't change House's personality.

July 27 2011 at 7:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
myquest4good

Whenever they stop filming House, I will quit watching tv. All the good shows like Friends, Monk, Frasier, all gone. Now all we have is a bunch of junk. I don't care who they add to the show, just keep it going!

July 26 2011 at 11:07 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to myquest4good's comment
Wanda & Kevin

me to bring cuddy

July 27 2011 at 7:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LNOFT97

"meets House in prison" - !!!

Well, I was wondering about that possibility, and now I know for sure, lol!

July 26 2011 at 9:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to LNOFT97's comment
Wanda & Kevin

we want cuddy back

July 27 2011 at 7:34 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Adele

Sure hope they bring back "Breaking In". That show had me chuckling the whole 30 minutes. Did Edelstein want to leave "House"? Darn. Her character was a great touch and portrayed perfectly.

July 26 2011 at 7:54 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
rtedit2

Why get rid of Cuddy. If it ain't broke don't fix it. She is so good....

July 26 2011 at 5:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to rtedit2's comment
jeremytitanic

They didn't get rid of her she quit.

July 26 2011 at 11:28 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply