September 2, 2014

TNT Renews 'Franklin & Bash' for Season 2

by Jean Bentley, posted Jul 26th 2011 2:00PM
Franklin & BashIf there's one thing America loves more than lawyer shows, it's nostalgia.

That's why it's unsurprising that this summer's latest addition to the growing crop of courtroom series on TV, TNT's 'Franklin & Bash,' has done so well for the network that TNT has ordered a second season.

That means next year, we'll have ten more episodes of Zack Morris Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Breckin Meyer's too-cool-for-rules lawyer duo and their oh-so-unconventional law practices.

Michael Wright, EVP and head of programming for TNT, TBS and TCM said in a statement, "This summer, 'Franklin & Bash' has broken out as a hugely entertaining series with great characters, sharp writing and a terrific cast. We're thrilled that the show has drawn such a remarkably strong following and look forward to bringing it back next summer."

'Franklin & Bash' airs Wednesday nights at 9PM on TNT and will wrap up its first season on Aug. 3.

More TV News: "Comic-Con 2011 TV Wrap-Up"

Kaynwil

Couldn't get into Franklin & Bash which is odd because I usually like quirky lawyer shows. Dunno, maybe they were trying too hard? Either way, they did nothing for me so I'm enjoying a far superior IMO lawyer show - Suits!

July 27 2011 at 2:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pnestel541

Bossy, why are you paying for aol, you can keep you aol email and access everything on aol for free?

July 27 2011 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janet

I'm sorry but I have to say the show is stupid. Nothing irritates me more when I'm trying to watch a TV show than seeing completely implausible courtroom or police procedurals. If you're going to show this stuff, at least TRY to be slightly realistic. CSIs pretending to catch criminals and interviewing witnesses. Give me a break. The work they DO is important, adding on the made up stuff is demeaning.

July 27 2011 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CPH38017

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH OTHER USERS ON AOL, IT WAS BAD ENOUGHT, BUT SINCE THEY HAVE MERGED IF WITH THE HUFFINGTON POST, NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK WRITE,IF YOU TRY TO LOOK AT A NEWS STORY, OR ANY STORY, THE VOICE OVER COMES IN TWICE, SO THAT YOU CAN NOT STAND TO WATCH IT AND NINE TIMES NOT OF TEN IT NEVER OPENS ANYWAY, IF AOL THINKS THE HUFFINGTON POST WAS A GREAT ADDITION, WRONG! THEY DIDN'T EVER EVEN HAVE AOL RIGHT, MUCH LESS ADDING SOMETHING ELSE!!!

July 27 2011 at 1:58 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
PatriciaSMC

Here's the story you were actually looking for:

Danny Bobis, drummer for Long Beach, NY hardcore/metal/punk band Cipher, is reportedly missing. Bobis had been surfing in South Sumatra, Indonesa when last seen. His wife, Rachel, has posted the following:

"Friends and loved ones, about 10 hours ago, while surfing in Sumatra, my husband Daniel Bobis went missing. His leash broke and we found his board and he has not returned. We looked all day but it is now Sunday evening here. There is a dive team going out tomorrow to look for him. We are trying to get a helicopter but it is very difficult here. If you know someone at NBC or somewhere or something that can help, please e mail me rachelbobis@gmail.com. Please do not e mail with well wishes, only serious help inquiries. The US consulate and everyone in Sumatra has been notified. Internet and phone are horrible here. I will update when I can. Please please pray for us. I am here with Brian Lonergan and Danny's dad will be flying in as soon as possible. We are at Damai Bungalows in South Sumatra. Please pray. I love you all and thank you."

UPDATE: As of yet, there is still no sign of Danny. For further updates, monitor this page.

July 27 2011 at 1:55 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Vicki Harvey

Bait and switch?

July 27 2011 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kris Nichols

This time Mark-Paul Gosselaar was not saved by the bell. Jeez guys get the right story up here! Or just read it at: http://surftweeters.com/local-musicians-react-to-missing-surferrocker-daniel-bobis/

July 27 2011 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bossy

ive been a subscriber of AOL for 15 years ... and am seriously thinking about canceling it as I dont really understand what exactly I am paying for , , except the familiarality of it, I cant even watch my netflix using aol. I have to use internet explorer which i never liked. now this crap with huff' post'

July 27 2011 at 1:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to bossy's comment
Kris Nichols

You don't have to pay for AOL. I t's free as long as you get an ISP like Verizon FIOS.

July 27 2011 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kris Nichols

Must be this story: Local Musicians React to Missing Surfer

Daniel Bobis was the drummer and one of the founding members of the Long Beach metal/hardcore band, Cipher.

July 27 2011 at 1:48 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
cburkowske1

pnestel1541 IS SOOOOOOOOOOO CORRECT !!!! GET RID OF HUFF & PUFF POST. THEY REALLY HAVE SCREWED IT UP ! I'M SHOPPING NOW FOR AN ALTERNATIVE. LOVE THE HIDDEN ( WINKY WINKY )LEFTY AGENDA WOVEN INTO EVERYTHING ! PATOOEY !

July 27 2011 at 1:44 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply