September 2, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Watch Gene Simmons' Hilarious Missed Opportunity to Propose to Shannon Tweed (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jul 27th 2011 3:17AM
'Gene Simmons Family Jewels'We've already seen the clip when Gene Simmons finally proposed marriage to the mother of his children, Shannon Tweed, in our exclusive sneak preview of yesterday's season finale of 'Gene Simmons Family Jewels' (Tue., 10PM ET on A&E). But before that, there was a hilarious non-proposal.

Gene Simmons asked their tour guide in Belize the best place to propose, and he was advised to do it on top of the main temple. All of that was fine and dandy, until Gene started running up the steep steps like he was in his 20s again.

"I ... am tired," he declared, before stumbling and crawling the rest of the way to the top.

While Shannon talked about how beautiful it was, Gene was still determined to go through with the proposal. "Stay right there," he panted, speaking so softly we could barely hear him. "I want to tell you something."

But when he got down on one knee, Shannon misunderstood completely. "Don't rest because you'll never get up," she said, and then she was gone, encouraging him to head back down as it's much easier and faster.

When the tour guide asked about the lack of ring on Shannon's finger afterward, Gene replied, "Well, she was really tired when she got to the top."

Of course, we know that he finally did get to pop the question. But did she say yes? We still don't know! That blasted "TO BE CONTINUED" was in the way of us finding out!

HOPTWIGG

I THINK THEY SHOULD BE HAPPY. THEY BEN TOGETHER FOR A LONG TIME. IM VERY HAPPY FOR THEM. ITS ABOUT TIME. HE SHOULD OF DONE THIS A LONG TIME AGO. WHY DO PEPOLE MAKE SUCH RUDE COMMENTS.THERE IN LOVE AND HE REALLY LOVES HER.

September 03 2011 at 10:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
diabmang

I don't think marriage is the answer for these two. Even so, best wishes to them.

July 27 2011 at 3:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lnaitken

I Love Gene Simmons. He is a sweet person. He does Not Drink, Smoke (anything) nor take Drugs. This is to answer that nut that said that Gene stays high smoking weed all the time! Honestly it is the person that wrote that stupid remark that is probably high as a kite whirling around in "Weed Smoke". I have watched the Gene Simmons Reality show since the beginning. He is wonderful to his family & loves his children & Shannon very much. I met Gene Simmons in Pensacola Beach as he was touring the area. He was very kind & talked with everyone & anyone plus although it was time for him to leave. He kindly stepped back out of his limo & took a picture with me.
I was so excited last night when he asked Shannon to marry him. It was so romantic & when he said "Shannon Please marry me". I cried as Shannon cried. Then it said to be continued BUT while I was watching the show where two of them are sitting on the sofa talking. well if you watched close enough. Shannon was flashing her left hand & it had a Huge Diamond engagement Ring on it. So I just know that there will be a wedding next season! Woot-Woot!!! Gene truly loves Shannon & I do believe that if she had done what she did after 28 years & she was pregnant with Sophie. Gene would have married her way back then but she never made a huge deal of it & stayed with him because she loved him & I do not believe she stayed all this time for his money. She could have gone very far on her own! Groupies are terrible foe any band, sport, etc. Having been married to a Golf Pro for 4 years. Believe me I know! When I finally walked in on them. I walked to the closet, threw him a suit case & gave him 5 minutes to pack & get out! Gene was tempted by groupies & yes he probably did take advantage of a few of them. But you never know what goes on behind closed doors. So who knows if Shannon ever cheated also. At least they are working it out! I am happy for them & cannot wait until the wedding!

July 27 2011 at 2:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to lnaitken's comment
duncanbfraser

Gene admits they had an open marriage and he has been with literally thousands of women, by his own estimation....

July 27 2011 at 4:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
schnuckal

I'd say Shannon is overplaying the cards, somehow she's disappointing, she's been with Gene 27 years and now that the kids are grown she is the cause for the family to see a shrink?? Come off it girl, somehow you lose your attractivness as a woman, being needy as hell when all these years you held the nest together. Gene loves you, married or not, give it a break, you got his money, you got his house, you got his kids, what more does it take to lose your insecurity?? Get that shrink off the show, she looks like she needs one more than you guys do. And Shannons mother thought she had to get into the act with a smart remark about "hurt my daughter..." stupid, who in hell would take better care of her daughter than Gene ? What a bunch of nuts. Due to Genes money she's been taken care of all these years.

July 27 2011 at 2:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robyn

Love Gene, love Shannon and the kids...LOVE KISS!!
Best wishes to all! That's it...short and sweet!

July 27 2011 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lynn

Scripted or not, I like them as a couple and I like their kids.

July 27 2011 at 1:49 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Lynn's comment
asspacins

I totally agree with you Lynn! I usually hate these kinds of shows and I have never been a fan of KISS, but I really like them and their kids....no matter how fake it all is!

July 27 2011 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heather

Me too...I get a kick out of their show whereas I can't stand the others. If it's all scripting & editing, so be it.

July 27 2011 at 4:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
herman944

Gene Simmons is a businessman, Jewish or not, a SMART businessman. He loves Shannon, and she would not be with him for 28 years if she did not, they are a nice family and Good parents, they have nice children, and he is more American than many I know, he loves the military, and is proud of his patriotism. Why do jealous people have to drag him down, My son loved KISS,

So, on behalf of Sgt Richard Herman who died of wounds received in Iraq, I want to say Thank You Gene, and good luck with Shannon.

July 27 2011 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
duncanbfraser

What's the big deal?!?!? Apparently not to Shannon, who couldn't be bothered away from her stupid cellphone texting during this whole clip! How stupid, didn't anyone suggest she put the phone away?

July 27 2011 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin Ehly

well...if you watch the show over again, you will notice Shannon is wearing the engagement ring during the "confessionals"

July 27 2011 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mbart1963

This show is totally scripted. The plot that they are having relationship problems is just that "a plot"! Shannon has chosen to live with a man who chooses to have affairs because she likes the money. If he were not rich and famous she would not be there. If he were not rich and famous he would not be sleeping with all these woman because they would not be sleeping with him (he is very homely and has no morals)! Hollywood, where life is all about the money! How shallow and empty their lives are.

July 27 2011 at 1:43 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mbart1963's comment
asspacins

He has made it clear many times that he has not cheated on her...and for some odd reason, I believe him.

July 27 2011 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply