August 1, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Gordon Ramsay Calls One Dish the Worst He's Ever Tasted on 'MasterChef' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jul 27th 2011 2:12AM
Gordon Ramsay, 'MasterChef'A plot to help certain contestants while hindering others by the winner of the mystery box challenge backfired in a big way on 'MasterChef' (Tue., 9PM ET on FOX).

And while Joe Bastianich has been largely the bad guy on this show, Gordon Ramsay let out a little of his 'Hell's Kitchen' persona on what he dubbed the worst sauce he's ever tasted.

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

The box challenge led to some intriguing choices, and while the judges did decide to sample Ben's banana and scallops concoction, they were most impressed with Adrien's dish. That gave him some power in the next challenge, which featured pork as a main ingredient.

Adrien tried to use some gameplay strategy in divvying up the cuts of pork, giving the more difficult cuts to people he wanted eliminated, and the easier cuts to his friends and allies. Unfortunately, the challenge just meant that some chefs upped their game.

The only one he did successfully sabotage was Suzy, who had an absolutely horrific response to her pork belly dish. Ramsay's one word critique can't even be printed here, while Bastianich said "I will not even be able to taste the dishes that I taste after this because of you. It is awful and if it doesn't send you home, it probably should."

But Alejandra -- who Adrien tried to help out by giving her the pork loin -- committed a cardinal sin in the kitchen. She served raw pork. Jennifer joined them briefly in the Bottom Three for a dish that was deemed too simple, but it really came down to Suzy vs. Alejandra.

The only reason Suzy is still in this competition is because raw pork was just too unforgivable, and so Alejandra was eliminated. Suzy is really going to have to be amazing next week, though, as Bastianich may still have the taste of that horrible sauce in his mouth.

Check out 'MasterChef' judge Graham Elliot's take on last night's episode.

Patty

Gorden Ramsey should run for president...I think he could solve this debt crisis...LOL

July 27 2011 at 8:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
resortexec

As a hotel general manager that is exactly how so-called guests behave if they want something for free. Guests (mostly woman) curse, scream, yell, intimidate and embarrass employees in front of others. Sooooooo, nothing new here.

July 27 2011 at 6:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
robsjunknstuff4u

I know people that must watch this show as a life guide. They go around verbally attacking anyone they believe is inferior to them. I'll tune in, when people start smacking their rude mouths shut, now that'd be a show!

July 27 2011 at 1:48 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Michael

This dude is to dam nasty. I would tell him to take a fn hike and get a whooper at burger king and call it a day. Is this guy for real

July 27 2011 at 1:47 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Michael's comment
Patty

I hear Ramesy is actually a very nice guy. He is nasty on the show because that is what sells the show. Playing nice nice does not sell.
A friend was in one season of Hell's Kitchen and she got to know him and said he is nice. But them sometimes you have to push peoples buttons to get their best out of them.
This season is nothing but a bunch od screamers...gives me a headache!

July 27 2011 at 8:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
debusiness4lou

Too much spice? Ah woe is me! I guess when you're desperate for ratings and you need to perpetuate the illusion that cooking is in the same category as nuclear physics, your only mission is to create drama by humiliating your contestants.

July 27 2011 at 1:35 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to debusiness4lou's comment
Patty

I tell ya...some of those people are very stupid...nothing but nasty mouth idiots!

July 27 2011 at 8:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
harolddundee

What I find amazing is there are people that thinks this show is for real. It is scripted as is all TV.

July 27 2011 at 1:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to harolddundee's comment
Patty

Wrong...it's not scripted.

July 27 2011 at 8:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
johngwc

I watch Gordon Ramsay, whenever I could. I look forward to eating at his New York restaurant, when my wife feels like going to New York. She hates the city's aggressiveness. He is one of the most confident, critical chefs who I have ever seen.

July 27 2011 at 12:49 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
papajim38

A first class jerk that's over sold on himself. He should be put on prescription.

July 27 2011 at 12:42 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
MARSHA

Go Gordon Go!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 27 2011 at 12:23 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
L♥Baby

HA! Gordon is a genius! If you can't handle what he has to say **change the channel**

July 27 2011 at 12:14 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply