October 21, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Monterray Goes Toe-to-Toe With Sous-Chef Scott on 'Hell's Kitchen' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Jul 27th 2011 12:43AM
'Hell's Kitchen'After a disappointing dinner service on Monday night's episode of 'Hell's Kitchen' (Tue., 8PM ET on FOX), the teams tried to rebound when cooking for Olympians. Unfortunately, the adage that there's nowhere to go but up didn't apply.

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

Elise stopped arguing and hating on Carrie when she undercooked the fish herself. At least she had the integrity to take her lumps. Monterray, however, failed to follow directions and wound up with sous-chef Scott Leibfried in his face.

Monterray was willing to acknowledge that he screwed up, but he did not take getting cussed out very well. Sous-chef Scott was so out of control, shots of people in the crowd showed that they seemed uncomfortable with what they were overhearing as well.

In the end, Monterray said he understood Scott's points, but when Leibfried gave him a parting "f*** you," Monterray shouted back.

"Well f*** you too, then." Is that how stressed-out chefs say goodbye and all is well in 'Hell's Kitchen'?

Gordon Ramsay wound up cooking both teams out of the kitchen, finishing up dinner service himself with his two sous-chefs. Then, he asked both teams to nominate two contestants for elimination. The red team put up Carrie and Elise, while the blue team put up Monterray and Chino.

Ramsay wound up keeping both Elise and Carrie, and Monterray's kitchen feud with Chef Scott didn't cost him the competition either. Instead, it was Chino's complete failure to prepare his dish in the kitchen that saw him eliminated.

John

One of these days there is going to be a real tough guy on Hell's Kitchen that will put both Ramsey and that bald headed geek Scott in their place. They have been lucky so far only having laid back people on the show but law of averages says that all big mouthed bullies eventually will meet one guy that they shouldn't tick off.

July 27 2011 at 5:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ray

get up in my face like that an the next meal served would be his nuts on a platter

July 27 2011 at 1:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
matthew5and9

This was not called for by Chef Scott. He owes dude an apology. It was a simple mistake, correct it and move on.

July 27 2011 at 12:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
winniepoo

I love Hell's Kitchen and Masster Chef sometime I think the swearing gets out of hand but when they go nuts over a dish it is really funny I am 65 and I can cook alot better then some of them on these's show but all is good

July 27 2011 at 9:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Baron hans Vongress

Gordon and his team are truly not representative of the true chefs around the world.
Yes in Europe Chefs have a different way of "respecting" people and handling staff etc.
In the USA if a chef were to conduct themselves like Gordon or his sous chef, we would be fired no matter how great our talents and brand name is. We just will not stand for that.
When I did my apprenticeship, the chefs were just like Gordon, foul mouthed, threw knives, boil water etc at you.
I made it a point when I became a chef (Certified Executive Chef in 1980), that I would never treat my team like I had been treated.
So though Gordon may have a lot of talent he needs to chill it down, as it is disrespectful to the rest of us who wear the chefs hat.
CEC