September 21, 2014

'The Chew' Trailer: Is This a Worthy 'All My Children' Replacement? (VIDEO)

by Chris Harnick, posted Jul 28th 2011 10:00AM

The ChewSo, just what can you expect from 'The Chew' when it replaces 'All My Children' on ABC's schedule this fall? Well, according to this new behind-the-scenes trailer a decent amount of chemistry between the hosts, food tips and "dishing."

The cast includes food TV and reality veterans Carla Hall, Mario Batali, Michael Symon, Daphne Oz and Clinton Kelly all sharing their food and entertaining tips.

"Let's be real though," Oz said, "it's about food, but it's about dishing, really."

Check out the full video -- Batali's trademark crocs included -- below.

So, does 'The Chew' (Mon., Sept. 26 at 1PM ET on ABC) sound like a worthy replacement for 'All My Children'?

ctcharliet

i watched this for one time only. there isn't one likeable person on this program just big mouth loud buffoons NEVER AGAIN WILL I WASTE MY TIME ABC ie A Bad Choice

September 27 2011 at 7:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dqucsai

Replacing All My Children with The Chew was a huge mistake!!! Are they nuts or what??? The chew is just a bunch of big mouths giving us tips on cooking which any moron already knows. It is a waste of time. I think I'll watch something more entertaining like Sponge Bob Square Pants

September 26 2011 at 1:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Craig

What is "dishing" anyways? Personally I thought "The Chew" was a talk show hosted by Star Wars Chewbacca. But here's what you do. Change the channel to something else, anything else. Then when the network affiliates see that they have zero ratings, not just lower, then all hell will break loose. This could turn out to be one of the biggest screw-ups since Coke changed their formula or M&M's refused product placement in the movie ET.

September 26 2011 at 9:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
smellicat

Dishing??? Really?? Is this what you think people want, ABC? We have the idiotic antics of Joy Bahar if we want this. So what we have is a motley bunch of people cooking and dishing?? How will you top this when the Chew is found just as dumb?

Pathetic.

September 20 2011 at 5:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
smellicat

Stop trying to be all things to all people, ABC. The Chew is SO NOT WORTH replacing All My Children. It has been incredibly INSULTING to have to see this show promo'd during the final weeks of this wonderful show. Whoever made this decision at ABC has made an egregious mistake. If I want to see a food show, I have the Food Network. Daytime soaps were something what you did best. I no longer have any use for your network and will look forward to continuing watching All My Children on line.

September 20 2011 at 5:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sylvie0131

wow really someone needs to get fired on abc really fast!!!!

September 05 2011 at 9:10 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
cynthwagoner

I have no interest in watching The Chew which looks to be a dumb show. Even if The Chew wasn't replacing All My Children, I would not watch it. There are already way too many shows like it so this one isn't even needed on the air. If it crashes and burns, I won't be surprised. AMC is the only soap opera I watch and anyone who hasn't gotten involved with watching a soap opera should not attack and criticize those who do like to watch them.

August 21 2011 at 10:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
abceffedmysoaps

The Chew? What an idiotic name. Nope won't watch it. Come January 2012, ABC is history in my home. Blocked out, rubbed out and wiped out!

August 17 2011 at 3:37 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
rsmithey01

I have been a long time soap watcher. I have watched AMC on and off since day the very begining. I would never watch the chew. If I wanted a food show I would watch Food Network. AMC and OLTL actually give me many memories of watching with my dad. He loved watching soaps. I lost my dad in 1982 and will be loosing AMC and OLTL now. When the chew comes on my tv will never watch or record ABC in that time slot. Take away OLTL and GH and I will be able to do without ABC. I have already stopped watching the news and other things on ABC. I feel as if they are killing some old friends of mine and I don't like it. Do I wish the chew well? Certianly NOT!

August 16 2011 at 4:09 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Debbie

Absolutely ridiculous! No way on earth do I have interest in this show!!! ABC has lost my viewing!!

August 11 2011 at 4:00 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply