August 1, 2014

'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Star Taylor Armstrong Accuses Husband of Abuse

by Catherine Lawson, posted Jul 28th 2011 6:10AM
Taylor ArmstrongJust as 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' are gearing up for Season 2, star Taylor Armstrong has accused her husband Russell of verbal and physical abuse during their five-year marriage.

Their difficult relationship was documented in Season 1 of the reality TV show, but Taylor -- who recently filed for divorce -- has revealed the situation behind the scenes was much worse.

She told 'People' that "I'm mad at myself for tolerating things I should not have tolerated from the first moment."

Meanwhile, Russell hinted that the pressures of being on the show may have helped cause the breakdown of their marriage.

She claimed that venture capitalist Russell called her names, grabbed and shoved her, pulled her hair and threw things at her.

He denies pulling her hair, saying "Did I push her? Yes, maybe things happened in the heat of the moment, but it was during a time in our lives that was not characteristic of who we were. This show has literally pushed us to the limit."

He moved out of the family's rented family home in June, and the collapse of the Armstrongs' marriage will feature in the upcoming season. In the Season 2 trailer, Taylor is seen in tears, saying: "I feel like I'm breaking."

Friend and fellow cast member Kyle Richards is, however, convinced that Taylor will prevail. "She's going to pull through," she told 'People.' "She's a beautiful girl, she's a smart girl; she'll get through it."

'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Season 2 premieres Mon., Sept. 5 at 9PM on Bravo.

frantax1029

Dear Taylor and family,
The tragic death of someone is very sad. Having gone through the same thing, my heart goes out to you and your daughter. I believe the show can be a very good way of dealing with this because you may be able to save someone else from this situation. I also believe that if someone is going to commit suicide, and they are determined, they will succeed. It is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I believe that Russell was dealing with depression and no one saw the signs because he didn't want they to see them or couldn't express them. I wish you peace in your heart and mind. You look like a very strong women, lean on your friends and walk with your head high. One day at a time and you will find your way once more.

September 06 2011 at 11:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HEY GIRLFRIEND

I have a question for any one reading about the Armstrong family’s tragic loss- Do the readers actually realize the human factor involved in this story, My first thought who tragic, A little child lost her father, a mother and father lost there son, a wife lost her husband and those who new Mr. Armstrong lost a friend.

My Question “is it really so effortless to sit in judgment of another human beings hopelessness?”

“What if”
This was your life, marriage or beloved family member, or friend?
I guess if we knew better we would do better, Shame on us all!
For not being part of the solution,
Only contributing to part of the problem

August 17 2011 at 3:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HEY GIRLFRIEND

“What if”
This was your life, marriage or beloved family member, or friend?
I guess if we knew better we would do better, Shame on us all!
For not being part of the solution,
Only contributing to part of the problem

August 17 2011 at 3:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HEY GIRLFRIEND

I have a question for any one reading about the Armstrong family’s tragic loss- Do the readers actually realize the human factor involved in this story, My first thought how tragic, A little child lost her father, a mother and father lost there son, a wife lost her husband and those who new Mr. Armstrong lost a friend.

“What if”
This was your life, marriage or beloved family member, or friend?
I guess if we knew better we would do better, Shame on us all!
For not being part of the solution,
Only contributing to part of the problem

August 17 2011 at 3:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
laacordina

So sorry for Taylor and kennedy... What a selfish act, to get what you want, "revenage". Very sad that kennedy will have to fight thoughts the her Daddy didn't believe she was worth living for. Oh I mean Father, A real DADDY won't be so selfish.

August 17 2011 at 1:28 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
devinmcmusters

Tragic plastic surgery victim.

July 28 2011 at 3:55 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply