December 19, 2014

First Look: 'The Nanny' Reunion on 'Happily Divorced'

by Chris Harnick, posted Jul 29th 2011 4:00PM
Fran Drescher, Renee TaylorTo say we're nostalgic is an understatement, which is why when this 'Happily Divorced' photo made its way into our hands, well, we had to post.

In the Aug. 3 episode (10:30PM on TV Land), Renee Taylor, known to many as Sylvia Fine on 'The Nanny,' reunites with her former TV daughter Fran Drescher on 'Happily Divorced.'

Taylor plays an old friend of Dori (Rita Moreno), Fran's current TV mom.

Check out the full version of the picture below. Don't be surprised if you get verklempt and your voice suddenly turns incredibly nasal -- it happens to the best of us.

Nanny Reunion

emberbb

That's what we need - shake loose, smile big and you will feel healthier and happier, and that is not easy anymore. The Nanny was a big show for years, so a few more minutes of RT is worth the trip. Fran is very funny, intelligent and has gone through a few very serious periods (cancer; husband is gay) so enjoy, remember because I plan to.

July 31 2011 at 9:25 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
STEPHEN

Fran is a Ding Bat . And a low life .

July 31 2011 at 8:46 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
Elvis Van

I don't usually post comments, but posted this below, and I am SamAngelina, not Elvis Van as erroneously shown below. " Love Fran's new show. She is the same warm, passionate, funny gal she was on the Nanny .. same cute expressions on her face, great clothes, great figure. Petie is adorable .. they are a perfect match. I love the alternating of Hot in Cleveland, Happily Divorced, and Retired at 35. We need these shows so badly; there is a dire need for laughter these days and TVLand is just what the doctor ordered. Bravo TVLand! I have been addicted to The Nanny for years and never tire of watching it."

July 31 2011 at 7:53 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
walkingwolf

Oh god I thought that horrible noise coming from my tv had dissapered..its coming back..Oh my ears are gonna bleed again..

July 31 2011 at 7:49 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
LORRAINE

Laughter is the BEST MEDICINE and FRAN does it SO WELL!!!
I can't wait to see her and RENEE (There is a SYLVIA IN US ALL) again..
NOW Fran, When will we see Mr. Sheffied???? Any possibilities???
LOVE THE NEW SHOW!!!!!
Thank you for the smiles and laughs through your hardest times and your tearful times.

July 31 2011 at 7:01 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
mhsden

Fran is hot till she opens her mouth

July 31 2011 at 6:15 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Victor

love Fran and can't wait to see Rene Taylor to bad s he wasn;t cast as her mother again

July 31 2011 at 5:32 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
shirleyn48

I think Fran is great but what her ex-husband did was NOT AS INNOCENT as it may seem. Look at the timing of his "coming out". HE LIED TO HER ABOUT BEING STRAIGHT THE ENTIRE TIME SHE WAS FAMOUS AND MAKING LOTS OF MONEY. As soon as her show was cancelled and she wasn't working any longer, he decided to reveal that he was Gay. Coincidence? I doubt it and she should too.

July 31 2011 at 4:42 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Linda

I never comment on these boards, but Fran is worth it. I faithfully watch reruns of The Nanny, as I've always loved that show. I didn't expect to like Happily Divorced, but I am pleasantly surprised. The writing on the show is wonderful. And the cast is excellent. They all play off each other very well.

July 31 2011 at 4:01 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply