Jennifer Lopez's New 'American Idol' Deal Reportedly Worth More Than $20 Million

by Chris Harnick, posted Aug 2nd 2011 12:00PM

Jennifer LopezJennifer Lopez and Fox have reportedly reached a new deal to keep the singer/actress with 'American Idol' for another year. The deal will net a Lopez a sum of just over $20 million, according to The Wrap.

Lopez joined the show in Season 10 as part of the new judging panel alongside Steven Tyler and 'Idol' veteran Randy Jackson. Her contract was for only one season and Lopez made statements to the press about her indecision to stick with the Fox reality series.

"I don't know," Lopez told BBC Radio about returning to the hit show. "I haven't been forced to make a decision and I'm glad about that because honestly I'm very on the fence about it."

According to the Hollywood Reporter, her Season 10 deal was for $12 million. In 2006, Simon Cowell signed a contract that gave him $33 million per season for 'American Idol.'

"I had an amazing time doing it and I love it but I have a lot of other things happening, and it's going to come down to me making a choice of what I want to do for the next year," Lopez told BBC.

The Wrap claims the deal is set, but Lopez has yet to sign. Scheduling conflicts between 'Idol' and Lopez's two motion pictures -- one is currently filming -- are the only kink to work out.

kymfawn

I won't be watching this year the unfairness of some of the judging was at an all time high. Jlo is annoying and is a self entitled diva and last year made the show more about her than the kids trying to compete. She jump started her career because of Idol and I think she should have left but because her new cd is not selling well she decided that she better take the money while it was there for the taking. The only one in my mind who is worthy is Steven Taylor.

August 18 2011 at 2:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jardona

I really don't like jennifer on any level. She can't sing or act. Why would anyone pay her that much money to do anything. They must like looking at her. She is nothing but a overpaid tramp. Going from man to man constantly. She has some issues too.

August 03 2011 at 7:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heidi

Our country is falling apart and we're paying this idiot to sit around and look pretty? SERIOUSLY?!

August 02 2011 at 6:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jmslotnick

Sorry, but she is not worth that and I will not watch the show because of her. Steven Tyler is worth more than she is.
Is he getting that?

August 02 2011 at 4:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jrat1128

Gary, you sorry lad. Who made you so all knowing?

August 02 2011 at 4:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jrat1128

I found Jennifer Lopez very refreshing for the interest she took in the contestants. Because of Jennifer and Stephen Tyler I started watching Idol again.

August 02 2011 at 4:53 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
amy

She should stick to just dancing,because she sure can't sing and her acting is pathetic.

August 02 2011 at 4:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
harryness

What makes her worth $20 million. She was always afraid to tell people that they were bad.

August 02 2011 at 4:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to harryness's comment
kymfawn

She sure told Hailey Reinhart how bad she was at every chance she had

August 18 2011 at 2:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ljkht

Ridicilious. The money could be used to help the needy in our country. America

August 02 2011 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jrbtoo

must be part of the new worship of the full figured woman. She and kin k have very large areas.

August 02 2011 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply