April 21, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Soldier Reunites With Parents During Family Photo on 'Surprise Homecoming' (VIDEO)

by Nick Zaino, posted Aug 2nd 2011 2:15PM
Timothy Young embraces his mother Eligia on 'Surprise Homecoming'Eligia and Tyrone Young had gathered the family together, thinking they were taking a photo to send to their son Timothy, who was serving in the Army in Iraq, on Monday's episode of 'Surprise Homecoming' (Mondays, 10PM on TLC). They hadn't seen Timothy in almost a year, and their other son Terry, was manning the camera, waiting for the right moment to cue Timothy's entrance, who was waiting around the corner.

Everyone was lined up and Eligia put on her brightest smile when Terry stopped and announced that something was missing. That's when Timothy rounded the corner, and Eligia's knees buckled. He went to his mother and said, "I'm home safe, mom." She asked, "It's real?" Timothy confirmed, "It's real."

Then Tyrone stepped in. "Can I get my hug, too?" he said. "You going to take it all?" Timothy's parents were, needless to say, thrilled by the surprise. "Well, it's been almost a year since I saw my son when he went off, back to his second tour in Iraq," said Tyrone. "It turned out to be a very exciting day."

Eddie

God bless our military and especially for the sacrifice they make for our liberty !!!
Stay safe and come home to your loved ones. Again, THANK YOU !!!

August 03 2011 at 8:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Abby

awww

August 03 2011 at 6:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rb

Regarding the families reunion with their son back from Iraq. For all you 'watchers' and lookers out there, nothing
like returning home from defending this nation, even back from Viet Nam. It's a privilege to few americans participate
in and I'm happy to say I do not mind one bit. It's one of the greatest feelings being part of this Nations military and
doing ones job as best you can, but not for greed, but out of respect for your fellow soldiers and your country.

August 03 2011 at 3:08 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Claggitt

It's time to do this for each and every soldier over there. Give this gift to each and every mother waiting here. Bring them all home before we have even one more gold star mother grieving the loss of her son or daughter.

August 03 2011 at 2:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jess

awww :-) so sweet from one vet family to another welcome home

August 03 2011 at 2:46 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Raul

Thank you to the Young family for sharing the most touching moment i have seen in a long time.
I pray that many more mothers anf fathers of these young men receive the same surprise.
Thank you Troops and God Bless all of you.

August 03 2011 at 2:23 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
rini1946

great story way better than the news about stars. And to Timothy and the rest of the Vets thank you and welcome home

August 03 2011 at 2:18 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
INFRWKSNJ

Just my 2 cents but; our soldiers, men and women, deserve more respect then some of them get. Each time I meet one I stop and salute. But, more is needed, some are homeless and beyond. We owe them and it's time to give back.

August 03 2011 at 2:04 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Sarah

Welcome home!! Touched my heart! God Bless!

August 03 2011 at 2:01 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Hugh Howard

Welcome home to another American Hero...

August 03 2011 at 1:57 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply