April 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Are Maci and Ryan Headed Toward a Custody Battle on 'Teen Mom'? (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Aug 3rd 2011 3:39AM
Maci and Bentley, 'Teen Mom'Maci and Ryan are still fighting over Bentley on 'Teen Mom' (Tue., 10PM ET on MTV). It's great that they love their kid, but they're putting him in the middle of issues and resentment between them and they're fighting in front of him. Sure, he's a bit young to remember it now, but if this continues he's going to start being affected by it.

This week's fight was over Bentley's birthday and Halloween, which happen almost back-to-back. Maci wanted to take Bentley for a couple of hours to go trick-or-treating but Ryan said no. She then told him she could do it anyway if she wanted, and he freaked and ran off to his parents.

Ryan's parents haven't been helping the situation at all, though when Ryan told his dad that Maci was going to take Bentley from him, he was dramatically re-interpreting reality. So, if they're reacting to his version of what's going on, it may be understandable.

Now he's got his dad encouraging him to "do what you gotta do," implying a court battle for custody. None of this is creating a healthy shared environment for Bentley, but if it takes a court ruling for everyone to settle down and focus on the kid rather than their hurt feelings toward one another, bring on the judge!

marie d

Maci has been a great mother from the beginning, practically having to force Ryan to see Bentley. Ryan's parents need to get along with Maci, because if they want to continue to see their grandson they need to be nice to her. Think Ryan smokes pot or takes pills now and then and I would have a hair follicle test done on him, Maci. Don't be dumb, Ryan's parents have no rights in the state of TN and if Ryan messes up he will have to see Bentley under supervised visitation. He still lives at home and can barely keep a job. Any judge will see he cannot provide a stable environment or his son.... Source: been there, done that..

September 18 2011 at 2:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mello91737

Well, I have to disagree, I became a parent for the second time right after I turned 24. Nothing I did was selfish! Watch what you post! I may still be with the father, but if we weren't doesn't mean we would bring the child into it. Doesn't make us bad parents. I love my kids as they are 15, 13 and almost 8 now. Young relationships do work, and I am proof. We will never leave one another and our kids mean everything in the world to us both. We just celebrate dour 15th anniversary and my wish is to make it as far as we can before we die!!!! I love my hubby!!!

August 06 2011 at 6:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
omegasaga

She doesnt do things 50/50 with Ryan.
She moves away, gets mad when he has his GF around the kid (but its ok her BF is there) and expects him to put on a happy face at a party with -BOTH FAMILIES?? This girl is selfish.

RULE #1- to all you dumb teen moms- DONT introduce your kid to ANY BF until youve dated the guy for at least a yr or so. Not a few weeks.

RULE #2- Its important, especially to a boy- that he spends ample time with his natural father. PERIOD.

RULE #3- your kids well being comes before yours MEANING your life & happyness means NOTHING unless your kid comes first.

RULE #4 - If you have another child before you are 25, then you are part of the problem with this world.

KIDS WHO HAVE KIDS are creating a society of screwed up people.

August 04 2011 at 2:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lauren

Maci has been a great parent, being so young, on the other hand Ryan wasn't there for the first year of the kids life, and when he does have him he is being supported by his parents and has no clue how to take care of him on his own. Maci goes out of her way driving two hours so he can see his Dad, while Ryan does nothing but complain. It is sad to see that they can not work things out like two adults, but Ryan is the spoiled one here and always has to have it his way or no way at all, no compromise from his side. Good luck Maci, one day hopefully Ryan will mature before Bentley does. Ryan, keep on being there for your son, you are doing a better job now than you were before. Ryan, keep growing, Maci, stay in school, and God bless you all.

August 03 2011 at 1:58 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
linmutchler

I found this company called YouData (youdata.com). They are trying to convince consumers like us that we should be the ones controlling our own data and selling our own attention, not third parties like broadcasters, newspapers, and spammers. By creating a MeFile at YouData.com, I now control what ads I see and when I see them. Best part - I am selling my attention directly to interested advertisers, for real money. That's right, I get paid for giving them my attention. I can use the funds to buy music and video online, donate to charities, give to my favorite blogs and websites, or keep the change myself and do whatever I want with it.
IT'S REAL. THEY PAY... You should check it out.
Click this link to sign up. My MeFile ID, linzoid22, in the "Referral Code" will tell them I sent you. http://www.youdata.com/join/linzoid22
Take care!

August 03 2011 at 1:42 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
pjwinstead827

God help all Teen Moms. They have a rough road ahead. I was 28 when my daughter was born and married for 3 years. I totally loved being a Mom. They have daily struggles and we need to give them a break.

August 03 2011 at 12:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to pjwinstead827's comment
omegasaga

These Teen moms ARE the problem with society.
Kids by definition are DUMB & imature.
Teenagers are still kids. Therefore they can only pass on the limited knowlege they have and the imaturity to their child. Meaning - the kid will be a screw up too.

August 04 2011 at 2:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
E

I don't watch Teen Mom but my husband had it on our DVR for some absurd reason and we were bored. I ended up watching this episode and I agree with Ryan. That little girl-mother doesn't realize that it's not all her and she can't have it completely her way. Of course her Ex isn't going to want to hang out with her and her current boyfriend and is going to want alone time with his son on the baby's birthday! She should have gave him the time on the kid's birthday and realized that she is not going to get what she wants all the time. She can't dictate how things are. There are TWO parents here and the father needs his alone time to be a parent, too. And he gave a rationale why he didn't want her to have the baby for Halloween - she doesn't respect time limits. He might screw himself by bad mouthing her privately and in front of the kid, but hopefully he will realize that he is in the right and not do anything else to screw it up!

August 03 2011 at 12:24 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
brandilynn122079

i think ryan needs to tell his parents the truth he was invited with maCIE AND kyle on bentleys birthday he RUFUSED and then told his parents that she told him he coulr=e dnot see him on his birthday hes a jerk

August 03 2011 at 12:16 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Sekinu2

According to the court ruling he is in the right. I do think he shouldn't have said what he said in fromt of the kid but she is in the wrong and I would think the judge will side with Ryan here. the writer makes it sound like the dad was cheering him for a court battle. His dad was clearly frustrated and told him he didnt need to call her that but then said fine do what you gotta do meaning if you feel you need a court to decide this instead of you 2 getting t figured out then fine do it and be done. I think the writer sounds a bit likme a bitter woman.

August 03 2011 at 12:06 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
couchise

Really, really...he called her a piece of sh#t in front of their son. Honey just bring that video to court, he wont get custody.

August 03 2011 at 11:46 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to couchise's comment
omegasaga

But she IS a piece of ****.

You dont introduce your child to ANY BF unless there is at least a yr or so into the relationship.

Her BF should NOT have been at this party at all.

August 04 2011 at 2:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply