October 25, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jeff Lewis Has to Let His Sister-in-Law Go on 'Flipping Out' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Aug 3rd 2011 10:25AM
Sarah Berkman, 'Flipping Out'It's always difficult mixing business with family, but Jeff Lewis was excited to bring on his sister-in-law Sarah Berkman on 'Flipping Out' (Tue., 9PM ET on Bravo). However, after two years it's proving to not be a great fit for either of them.

It didn't help that Lewis' boyfriend was urging him to let Berkman go. While she doesn't prove to be grossly incompetent at her job, she remains inadequate in a myriad of little ways regularly enough that it just isn't acceptable after all that time.

"I sense that you've been unhappy and stressed, and I know that you go home sometimes really upset," Lewis told Berkman. "And I think it's created a strain on the family."

After he pulled the trigger and fired her, he vowed that he would never again hire family. It's just too emotionally painful. As for Berkman, she was upset but optimistically sees it as an opportunity to find a career that's a better fit for her.

James Brown

Sarah Berkman is a character actress. She has also appeared as Ricky Bretherton's (Billy the Exterminator) x-wife's friend "Brandi" in the episode "Attack of the 15-foot Snake". It is unlikely that Sarah is both a resident of California and Louisiana. Many people don't know this, but reality television is dramatized / loosely scripted and what you see is a recreation of actual events. If Sarah Berkman is not "Brandi" from the Billy the Exterminator episode listed above, then the resemblance is absolutely flipping out insane!

August 09 2011 at 9:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shirleyy0516

I was glad to see her go. She was just another pretty face. And, she was always chewing gum. Looked like a cow chewing cud. I would have thought the professional Jeff Lewis would have picked up on that.

August 03 2011 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
linmutchler

I found this company called YouData (youdata.com). They are trying to convince consumers like us that we should be the ones controlling our own data and selling our own attention, not third parties like broadcasters, newspapers, and spammers. By creating a MeFile at YouData.com, I now control what ads I see and when I see them. Best part - I am selling my attention directly to interested advertisers, for real money. That's right, I get paid for giving them my attention. I can use the funds to buy music and video online, donate to charities, give to my favorite blogs and websites, or keep the change myself and do whatever I want with it.
IT'S REAL. THEY PAY... You should check it out.
Click this link to sign up. My MeFile ID, linzoid22, in the "Referral Code" will tell them I sent you. http://www.youdata.com/join/linzoid22
Take care!

August 03 2011 at 1:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
larry

This guy is CRAZY ! I cannot watch this program. Thank God I can change the channel. I have never seen anyone so self serving, narcissistic and just plain patheyic. I guess that's what reality TV is all about.

August 03 2011 at 1:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
oommma

Jenni is gone!!! I stopped watching midway through last season. Can't imagine why anyone still watches without Jenni. It was bad enough without Ryan. Zoila and her subtitles can't carry a whole season!

August 03 2011 at 1:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ctcharliet

NO NO NO SHE IS HIS BROTHERS WIFES SISTER NOT HIS SISTER IN LAW

August 03 2011 at 1:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy

He should have fired Gage, gawd that guy has a stick up his ass and makes nothing but trouble ~ mark my words the rest of the team is next. Jenny is gone, Sara is gone and soon the rest will be also gone and the show will not be fun anymore, two faced Gage will problay get Jeff to fire Zola. Jeff guess what it's not just about you ~ get rid of Gage he cannot really be your boyfriend he just might be your boyfriendenemy!

August 03 2011 at 12:44 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
luchbheag

HELLO!!! hp, THAT was his sister-in-law's SISTER!!!!!!! THAT WAS NOT HIS SISTER-IN-LAW (she is not the woman MARRIED to his brother!)

August 03 2011 at 11:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rosemaryram

It is very difficult mixing family and business. It is very sensitive telling a beloved family member that he or she are simply not qualified for a job. in your company. They need to seek independence.I have seen such a situation happen in a family resulting in angry , hurt feeling that lasted decades.

August 03 2011 at 11:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ann

If Jeff gets his lips plumped any more he will look even more ridiculous.

August 03 2011 at 11:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Ann's comment
kns102074

What a profound statement...

August 03 2011 at 12:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply