August 20, 2014

'All My Children' & 'One Life to Live' Moving to Cable?

by Chris Harnick, posted Aug 4th 2011 1:15PM
All My Children'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live' are moving online, but they may be getting another new home -- a cable network.

According to Deadline, Prospect Park is currently shopping the two beloved soap operas to various cable networks. The plans are to still launch the soaps on a new online network, but as part of the licensing agreement between Prospect and ABC, the soaps can air on cable, if a network wants them.

The current plan is to have the soaps air online first, then on a cable channel, if a home is found for the long-running shows.

'All My Children' leaves ABC on Sept. 23, but might not start airing again until the first quarter of 2012. Prospect Park is currently in negotiations with unions about the move online.

"The love and support for 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live' is truly amazing," Prospect Park said in a statement in July. "Since we announced our intention to work with the shows, the fan outreach we've experienced over the past few weeks further validates our decision to work to keep them going for years to come. However we also respect the organizations and processes that are in place so that all can apply their craft within the infrastructure that the entertainment industry has set, specifically in this case with the appropriate guilds and unions."

"We are in the process of working out the essential terms of our proposed collective bargaining agreements with the appropriate guilds and unions, which we must do prior to firming up deals with above-and below-the-line talent," the company said. "We will provide updates as needed."

'One Life to Live' isn't scheduled to leave ABC until January. It's expected that negotiations will be done prior to its TV finale.

Both soaps currently have a cable home on SoapNet, but Disney is rebranding and refocusing that channel as Disney Jr. in 2012.

Prospect Park declined to comment.

Tell us: Would you watch 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live' if they went to a cable network?

neta.harris

February 11 2012 at 1:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
neta.harris

I will watch All My Children and One Life To Live wherever they are at. However I REFUSE to watch ABC between 12pm-2pm, with these stupid shows that have taken there place!!!

February 11 2012 at 1:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Judy

Yes, yes, and yes! I would watch All My Children and One Life To Live if they were put on a cable channel. I have watched All My Children since it started. If I wasn't able to physically watch the show I'd always tape the show on VCR. I was physically sick knowing that ABC was canceling the shows. Now at 12 noon. there's an emptiness. I'm sorry, but The Chew, doesn't fill my appetite!! ABC will no longer be a channel I'll be watching anytime soon. PLEASE put All My Children and One Life To Live on cable.

January 14 2012 at 2:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sly4u

Oh you bet I would. I was over joyed to find out that someone out there does care enough to keep the soaps going and hopefully make money too. I couldn't believe that ABC dropped them, and the stress level that it put me through knowing that this was it. Knowing the emptyness from loosing All My Children from 12 to 1pm was the hardest hour to go through to wait to see One Life to Live. and now to have to wait to watch General Hospital at 2 was really tearing my heart up. I know it sounds a bit crazy but when you get use to a program that everyday you get use to their lives for many of years, just to be told that its over is something hard to swollow. So thank you.

January 11 2012 at 9:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alice Huddleston

I am waiting with baited breath (so to coin a phrase) to continue watching new episodes of OLTL and AMC on cable and/or online.

January 09 2012 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Iris Pate

please put them on a cable channel they are my favorites i have been watching them since they first aired they are like my family cant bear to loose them

January 08 2012 at 5:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cynthia

I would watch these shows where ever they were. I have been a fan since 1972 and when I could not physically watch I would tape or dvr the shows

December 15 2011 at 3:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MaryNethery

Absolutely, I'd watch them both if they went to a cable network!!! I googled this because I was hoping I'd see that they both were moving to a new home. To lose all that talent, both writers and stars and production talent, would be devastating. Fingers crossed!

December 01 2011 at 4:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
andrea26

yes I would watch them both they are part of my life. I'M lost without them

November 26 2011 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
johnsontrisha957

YES...YES....YES....I WOULD WATCH "ONE LIFE TO LIVE" ON CABLE.
ALONG WITH THE 65 PEOPLE I WORK WITH AT THE ASSISTED LIVING HOME!
THESE PEOPLE CANNOT WAIT UNTIL "ONE LIFE TO LIVE " COMES ON EVERYDAY!
THEY DON'T LIKE THE "WEEKENDS" WITHOUT THEIR "ONE LIFE TO LIVE"...
I DON'T WANT TO BE THE ONE TO TELL THEM IT IS OVER. PLEASE,
PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T DISAPPOINT THEM!

November 17 2011 at 1:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply