December 22, 2014

'Bachelorette' Ashley Hebert's Sister Chrystie Says She Was Wrong About J.P.

by Catherine Lawson, posted Aug 4th 2011 8:00AM
'The Bachelorette' Season 7 FinaleOne of the more memorable parts of this week's 'Bachelorette' season finale was when prospective husband J.P. Rosenbaum faced a tough grilling from Ashley Hebert's family.

Especially big sister Chrystie Corns, who even made Ashley cry with her assessment that J.P. is, well, a bit boring and definitely not a good match for her.

Now, in an extraordinary about-face -- brought on by a really awkward family reunion, perhaps? -- 'Extreme Couponing' alum Chrystie says she's had a change of heart.

She's even gone so far as to label J.P. her sister's "knight in shining armor."

Chrystie told 'People' that in judging J.P. so harshly she "made a big mistake. ... As I started watching the season, however, it's very clear to me that J.P. was the one. He was the best choice."

On Monday night viewers watched Chrystie tell the happy couple that she just didn't see a connection between the two of them: "I think you're too much for him. I think you're too young, and he's just kind of a little bit older and a little bit more demure."

She even going as far as telling them that she saw more of a bond between her sister and Brad Womack on 'The Bachelor' last season. Ouch!

However, as Chrystie now explains, that was because she hadn't taken into account the fact "that [Ashley] had been on this eight-week journey and she was really tired." She went to defend her sister from accusations of total blandness, saying that Ashley's usually much more animated, especially around her family.

Corns has since apologized to "best friend" Ashley and J.P. but says that he isn't letting her off the hook just yet.

"I'm totally apologetic, I feel like a jerk -- I want to make it up to him but he won't let me forget it. J.P. says if he has anything to do with it I'm going to have to fight for the right to be maid of honor."

Related:

scifolilli

Don't listen to all these people. Just live for each other. Remember, true love is unconditional love. That is what makes a relationship work. I was married for 45 years and lost my husband to cancer 3 years ago. The journeys that we have to got through in life prepare us for the hard times. Love each other with all your heart. Be a giver, a listener, and a lover. If you always put each other first, you will be fine. Stay positive and enjoy every precious moment together. Times passes quickly, so don't waste one minute of your time together in anger. LOVE LOVE LOVE much prayer for a long and prosperous life.

August 10 2011 at 12:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gwgfig

I agree with Ashley's sister. JP has control and anger issues. He would get very angry when she went out on "dates" with the other bachelors. JP will not make a good husband.

It is too bad Ashley's sister told Ashley what she thought. It made Ashley defend her decision to have JP as one of the finalists and to choose him over Ben. I think she would have picked Ben If she didn't have to defend JP. Ben will make some lucky woman a great husband.

August 04 2011 at 6:09 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
luvngrl8

Ashleys sister is so jealous. A total control freak, and I hope that if she is allowed to be part of the wedding, that she wears a long sleeved dress, to hide the garbage on her arms that she has adorned herself with.

August 04 2011 at 2:51 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
mdonnarmc

It's all well and good to voice a concerned sisterly comment, but she definately went overboard and was downright mean in some of the things she said to him. And I also think I detected an evil little grin on her face. Her attitude was totally uncalled for and I agree with some of the other comments that it looked like she was just looking for her memorable 15 minutes of fame, and unfortunately - she got it!

August 04 2011 at 2:26 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
lpiso

She should have reserved her opinion.

August 04 2011 at 2:13 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
KAREN SCHRIER

I am thrilled that ASHLEY picked JP......they are totally meant for eachother........truely believe they will be the next TRISTA and RYAN.......

August 04 2011 at 2:11 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
beemerboxer

It is never right to tell a book by its cover but it seems that Ashley's sister is a tad on the wild side; the surfeit of tattoos disfigure an otherwise attractive woman. Ben was saved from a break up down the road; he would have been out of his zone with Ashley and her clan. Ashley is immature and obviously out of her depth with this awful show; it is dismaying to see both men and women demean themselves in what is basically a contrived meat market. If this "love affair" lasts until December, pluck the crow for me!

August 04 2011 at 2:03 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
rhdleav

Ashley's sister came off that way, because she is so jalous of Ashley finding her happiness with JP and she is sitting on the fence being divorced et all. Christie is hiding behind being "protective" but I think JP seen through the act. Good for him to be kind of weary of Chrystie and keeping her on a arms length. Chrystie seem to have a medling nature. Anyway I hope Ashley and JP will have a great life together.

August 04 2011 at 2:02 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
tfarnon

I'm glad that Ashley picked J.P., because I think that Ben is too nice to be stuck with a head case like Ashley. It's not that Ashley isn't likeable; it's just that she's messed up, and I have the feeling that Ben had a pattern of getting involved with messed up women. That's not to say that Ben doesn't have his own issues. I don't like J.P. nearly as much as Ben, but eh. I'm not the one engaged or going to be married to either of them.

August 04 2011 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to tfarnon's comment
Billie

I thought I was the only one who thought Ashley was either 14 or "like you know, like uh, like, I don't know, like." Jeeze, she drove me nuts, had to stop watching, it really got nuts.

August 04 2011 at 3:13 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
pattz15

Ashley should mind her own business. She said she was trying to show the rational side. I don't think she can be rational. Otherwise she would not be covered with tatoos. She looks ridiculous. She probably knows she can't find a man so she doesn't want Ashley to either. She acts like the younger sister.

August 04 2011 at 2:01 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply