September 23, 2014

'Eureka' Ending With 6-Episode Season: Report

by Chris Harnick, posted Aug 4th 2011 5:20PM
EurekaAs the saying goes, "All good things must come to an end," and Syfy's 'Eureka' is no exception.

According to Deadline, the popular sci-fi series will wrap up its run with six-episode Season 6. The show is currently producing Season 5 and Season 4.5 is airing on Syfy on Mondays at 8PM.

'Eureka' is one of Syfy's top-rated shows. Its most recent episode on Aug. 1 was watched by 2.13 million viewers.

The series stars Colin Ferguson as Sheriff Jack Carter, a US Marshal who ends up as Sheriff of Eureka, Oregon, a fictional town inhabited by scientists and geniuses. Salli Richardson-Whitfield also stars as Dr. Allison Blake.

Tell us: Are you happy the show is getting time to wrap up?

a61crash

I will watch the final season(s) of Eureka, great cast, concept, production, etc.
The last decent show on what USED TO BE a great network.
When Eureka ends, so will my patronage of "SyFy" network.
As someone already mentioned, when Comcast took over and changed the name, they ruined a great network.
Sci-Fi was what it was, due to the loyalty of the FANS, who LIKED the hard core science fiction and fantasy based programming, because it was the last bastion of that type of programming.
Kill the fan-favored programming and you kill the network.
We don't need another plain-jane-vanilla-cookie-cutter, Nielson-popular network... we've already got more of those than sane people can stand.
Wise up, Comcast.... or lose the fan base that made SCI-FI popular and marketable in the first place!

October 15 2011 at 5:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SeniorMoment

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

The only reason we have cable TV service at all is the SciFi Channel, but I don’t watch the horror shows on the channel, or grossly outdated shows, etc. What happened is that when whatever network it had been on cancelled Stargate SG-1 was continued by the SyFi channel.

We stayed subscribers even after Stargate S-1 was cancelled because they had started StarGate Atlantis and then Eureka after some lesser shows. We like Warehouse 13, but not enough to stay Comcast/xFinity cable TV subscribers at the current cost of the service, so if this is a change Comcast has ordered after buying SciFi channel, it is shooting itself in the foot. We have a large digital antenna and can pick up more channels of free
tv than we actually watch on cable TV.

September 21 2011 at 2:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jacque Darling

When Syfy decided to cater more to the younger woman I guess this is what happens. They changed the spelling of the network and everything thing went down hill. Really poor choices have been made. I love fearnet and chiller networks the movies are great and they dont ***** foot around. Im a female and I adore good horror and sci fi. Get a grip. Whomever was the program manager prior to the changes needs to be re-hired.

August 09 2011 at 9:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michelle

Aww... of course I'm sad to see it go, but I'm glad they're giving the writers time to craft an actual denouement rather than just yanking it off the air. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to see a good show ended before outstanding plotlines are resolved (Kyle XY), or hastily "wrapped up" with unsatisfactory "happy endings" that don't fit the character arcs or are just plain implausible (Pushing up Daisies). I've really enjoyed Eureka, and am happy to see how they've worked with it. I'm actually a little surprised they're ending it, considering how successful it's been. But then again, I'm not a TV ratings executive either....

August 08 2011 at 7:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aeeaxx Aeea

@~@◢██□██==== very good look--- { w * w - ( happy shop ping 100 ) - c * m }

lets go web.

August 04 2011 at 11:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna

Of course! I find it extremely aggravating when a program I've grown to enjoy is cancelled but when they double-down and yank off the air with a million threads hanging, I just want to scream!! I'm very grateful that won't be the case with "Eureka" and that we'll have a conclusion of some kind. Thank you to the producers and SyFy!!

August 04 2011 at 7:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply