August 27, 2014

'NCIS' Star Pauley Perrette Named Most Popular Primetime TV Star

by Catherine Lawson, posted Aug 4th 2011 6:30AM
Pauley PerretteMore good news for the stars of long-running procedural drama, 'NCIS.' Pauley Perrette has been named the most popular actor on primetime TV.

And she's not the only 'NCIS' star who's winning in the popularity stakes.

'Entertainment Weekly'
reports that the latest Q Scores, a survey taken a few times a year to judge who are the most popular stars, based on audience awareness, ranks several 'NCIS' stars very highly.

Cote de Pablo, who plays Ziva David, has been placed second, with Mark Harmon (4th), David McCallum (5th) and Michael Weatherly (7th) all making it into the Top 10.

Let's all just spare a thought for Sean Murray (a.k.a., McGee) who seems to be the only one not on the list ...

Upon hearing the good news Perrette Tweeted "Just found out I'm voted #1 most popular star of primetime TV? Um. Thanks guys So honored & humbled. I love my job & you."

There are a few -- but only a few -- non-'NCIS' actors toward the top of the list, with Jim Parsons ('Big Bang Theory') and Nathan Fillion ('Castle') coming in third and sixth respectively.

Last year Perrette was the only woman in the Q Scores Top 10 after the company conducted a survey asking people to rate celebrities on familiarity and appeal. In fact, she finished first in a three-way tie with Tom Hanks and Morgan Freeman.

Jokes about conducting the survey at an 'NCIS' fan convention aside, the survey rankings underline the continued popularity of the series.

Originally a spin-off from 'JAG,' 'NCIS' follows a fictional team of agents from the Naval Criminal Investigative Service as they investigate criminal cases involving the US Navy and Marine Corps. Ratings have consistently climbed since the show debuted on CBS in 2003, and it reached the Top Ten in its fifth season. Last season it became the most-watched scripted show on US TV.

'NCIS' Season 9 premieres Tuesday Sept. 20th, 8PM ET on CBS.

tweety9407

I'M SO HAPPY PAULEY MADE #1. SHE IS SO SWEET, FUNNY, AND JUST A GREAT ACTRESS. SEAN MURRY IS GREAT TOO. HE SHOULD BE RANKED AS A GREAT ACTOR TOO. EACH ONE OF THE ACTORS AND ACTRESSES ON NCIS WORK AS A TEAM AND EACH HAVE THIER OWN SPECIAL TALENT'S THAT MAKE THIS PROGRAM WORK. McGee AND Abby HAVE A SPECIAL FRENDSHIP ON THE PROGRAM AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIER NEXT SPECIAL PARTS TOGETHER. LIKE WHEN McGee FOUND OUT HE SLEPT IN A COFFIN AT AbbY'S. JUST LIKE ABBY AND GIBBS AND THE WAY EACH BRINGS OUT SOMETHING IN THE OTHER, LIKE WHEN ABBY'S EX-BOYFRIEND IS STALKING HER AND GIBBS IS THERE TO COMFORT HER IN THE ELEVETOR. THIER ALL A TEAM AND FAMILY. GREAT JOB TO ALL. I KNOW SEASON 9 WILL BE JUST AS EXCITING OR BETTER.

August 12 2011 at 1:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gibbslaporama

Okay, Big Bang's geek edged out NCIS' geek. My vote is for Murray.

August 08 2011 at 5:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SIGRID

I think Pauley Perrette is adorable, but I can't understand Cote de Pablo being #2. She is just not very likeable from my viewpoint. I haven't been able to find the complete list and I want to make sure my all time LEAST favorite TV actor isn't on it. Kirsten Vangsness from Criminal Minds drives me crazy. She is so perky, cutesy, and smart-ass that I just want to backhand her. She seems like a poor imitation of Pauley --from the amazing intelligence, the strange wardrobe, and the bouncing enthusiasm. It works for Pauley. Kirsten, not so much. AN ASIDE: I think it's pretty funny considering her girth that her first acting job was on a Diet Dr. Pepper commercial.

August 04 2011 at 3:57 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to SIGRID's comment
gibbslaporama

Sizeist, nice.

August 08 2011 at 5:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
soopershrink

Who?

August 04 2011 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
towncardad

I think Sean Murray should be in the top ten too.

August 04 2011 at 1:54 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
lornawestie

Good for her! I'm a fan. The whole cast is great. ;o)

August 04 2011 at 1:53 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
BOB LINDSEY

SHE GOT MY VOTE !

August 04 2011 at 1:28 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
libertines76

Woo, Pauley! Hang in there, Sean Murray. Maybe this year McGee'll get a good storyline. Looks promising with Lily Tomlin playing his grandmother.

August 04 2011 at 1:19 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
dumbneasy

She'd be my vote! But what's up with "Probie" being excluded. Weatherby's character has been a putz the whole series, while Murray's character has really grown. OK, Probie. At any rate, I like ya. :)

August 04 2011 at 12:55 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply