December 20, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'Big Brother': Eviction, HOH Crowned, and a New Twist (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Aug 5th 2011 12:08AM
'Big Brother 13'It's eviction time on 'Big Brother' (Thu., 9PM ET on CBS), with Brendon and Jordan on the block. Daniele's intention in putting Jordan up in place of Rachel was to have her be the pawn in hopes of ensuring Brendon's eviction. But as the only former winner left in the house, Jordan could prove to be at risk herself.

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

More significantly, the power is going to shift to the newbies in this case, as Rachel and Jeff will cancel out one another's votes. Kalia has been a strong ally for Daniele of late, while Porsche has been solidly in Rachel and Brendon's corner. Shelly has played both sides for weeks, while Lawon and Adam are more wild cards.

Rachel certainly didn't help her case by having yet another emotional breakdown, even before the votes came down. This one looked like it might cost her Porsche's support, as Porsche was advising her to try and stop being so sad as even if Brendon gets eliminated, she needs to try to get along with the rest of the house.

As tends to happen, Rachel's emotions got the best of her and she started jumping to worst case scenarios, digging a hole for herself and leaving Brendon to do damage control. What will she do without him, and how will everyone else be able to stand her?

When the votes came down, only Rachel and Porsche voted to evict Jordan, signifying a pretty major shift in allegiances away from Brenchel. But, with the newest twist, there's a chance Brendon could return next week. America will vote to allow one of the first four to return and compete with the next evicted houseguest. The winner of that contest will re-enter the house.

The episode also featured Evel Dick offering us some critique of Daniele's gameplay, and it wasn't all flattering. He thinks she's no master strategist and tried too soon to make big moves. But, in her outgoing HOH interview, Daniele acknowledged she may have done just that.

However, in the HOH competition, her ally Kalia took the title, virtually assuring Daniele safety in the next week. With the whole house knowing how tight Porsche and Rachel have been, Porsche's going to need to do some damage control to get off that sinking ship.

Or maybe Rachel can redeem herself. It should be an interesting week as the evicted Houseguest has to combat one of the eliminated ones and will be coming back in the game.

moslow123

Rachel needs a bag over her head, Brendon like playing I'm the big man. There both just two jokes.

August 05 2011 at 12:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ae12wrangell

I have never been interested in any reality show's. If "Survivor" did not make it to a 2nd season, there would be NO reality show's today. No "Big Brother", "American Idol", "Dancing with the Star's", etc., etc.

August 05 2011 at 12:19 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to ae12wrangell's comment
ae12wrangell

And, then we could just have "civil" program's. In every Reality show, somebody will get insulted by a judge.

August 05 2011 at 12:21 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Cathy Rita Zita

The Real World started this not Survivor.

August 05 2011 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Cathy Rita Zita's comment
lynniemiller

Watch the movie "Network" and you will understand reality shows.

August 06 2011 at 9:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
tmuckenstr

It would be awesome if Rachel gets voted out and then has to battle Brendon to come back into the house...

August 05 2011 at 12:14 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to tmuckenstr's comment
angel6smg

Brendon would let her win because he loves her so much! Then Rachel would cry making Brendon cry and we would all gag. She couldn't even congratulate Kailia last night. Psycho.

August 05 2011 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ddawn07

this show is so ridiculous - Brendon and Rachel play every game - now he may get to come back after being voted out - the producer manipulation is showing through too much for me.

August 05 2011 at 11:58 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
nanu

I like rach she is the only one really playing the game even with all her dramatics. She has won 2 hohs and brendan has won a veto. Dani is just causing all of the hgs to go against each other no game play at all. Rach has problems but she is here to play a game she does not have any confidence or worth of herself. She needs people to validate her existence. I feel for her-something in her childhood caused this behavior (abandonment of abuse). She has good game play for bb. Now that Kalia has won I have stopped watching. No longer interested in bb.

August 05 2011 at 11:51 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
lrthtxn

I actually like this show. I doubt it is completely fake since someone gets to win 1/2 million. I do not appreciate this latest "twist", however, as I feel that the producers are rigging the competition. Like Danielle (sp?) or not, she has played a great game this past week and worked her butt off. People were played (tricked) and were eliminated. That is how the game works. Now, they are going to let some loser get back in the game. I just don't like it.

August 05 2011 at 11:51 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
jgoetz9174

I have never watched this show. What is it ? Is it a soap opera? I did see about five minutes of a whining young woman laying on a bed, and that's as far as I could get. What is the big attraction for this type of show. Is there gratuitous sex in it or something? I have just never seen any redeeming quality in it.

August 05 2011 at 11:35 AM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
LINDA

If Brendan comes back maybe Rachel will be voted out before that happens.I have my fingers crossed.

August 05 2011 at 10:47 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
wpababy

Worst actors on television. The most scripted "reality" show out there. Rachel has the most cloying personality and her fake tears cannot seriously be construed as authentic by her boyfriend. The only remotely believable personality is Daniele and masculine-Shelly is so fake to everyone that I can't believe anyone considers her to be on their side. It's ridiculous. I was hoping it would be better this year, but not so. I got rid of cable because I don't watch television enough to warrant the bill and I get a few channels on antenna, so I thought I'd be okay. Now I really miss cable.

August 05 2011 at 10:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
meanstr

The producers must love Rachel with all her crying and now they set it up to bring her man back thats right vote if you must but that appears to be their plan

August 05 2011 at 10:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply