April 24, 2014

Is There a 'Eureka' Spin-Off Show in the Works?

by Catherine Lawson, posted Aug 5th 2011 6:00AM
'Eureka' castYesterday reports suggested that 'Eureka' would soon be wrapping up for good with a six-episode-long Season 6.

However, sources at SyFy now say that may not be the case.

In a statement issued to 'Entertainment Weekly,' Mark Stern, president of programing at Syfy, said: "[Producers] Bruce Miller and Jaime Paglia have brought a creative vitality to 'Eureka' that has kept it fresh and inventive."

He added that, "Although we do not have a commitment beyond six episodes for the sixth season, we are hopeful that this will not be the end of the franchise."

'Eureka' is one of Syfy's top-rated shows. Its most recent episode on Aug. 1 was watched by 2.13 million viewers.

So, when Stern says "franchise," does that mean that there could be a spin-off series in the works? Or even multiple spin-offs galore, à la 'Stargate' and 'Star Trek'?

He may just mean that talks are ongoing for 'Eureka' to continue into a seventh season and beyond, but we can't wait to find out more. Stay tuned for updates.

What 'Eureka' spin-off would you like to see?

'Eureka' airs Mondays, 8PM ET on Syfy.

James

I would like to see it continue

July 23 2012 at 3:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gary

I really enjoy Eureka and do hope they keep in on or at the least a spin off. Although not sure how I would feel about a clone of Eureka. I do like the cast hopefully they would keep some if not all. I have to say this is my favorite channel. I love syfy it takes me out of my mundane every day self. I was sad when SG1 and Atlantis ended, But I still watch the reruns and yes I know the words to every show, But I still watch them over and over, As I will with Eureks. Some day there will be daily shuttles to the moon for a light lunch and transporters, and most people will have a (George Jetson) car in their garage. But until then we have to rely on the syfy and like stations to keep our fantasies about the future well oiled and fired up. So I look forward to whatever SYFY has comming my way in the future.

May 07 2012 at 9:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mattman2900

It's pretty clear that Eureka is prepping for a spin-off and that spin-off will be about the Astraeus space mission. If not I see no reason the producers and writers would go this in depth with the mission and even build a ship.

The Spin-off is probably not going to be mean the end of Eureka. Eureka is a top rated show. However a Eureka spin-off show is very very possible and the Astraeus project would be the best option at this point.

September 12 2011 at 11:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mkh3d

how about this:

do a spinoff

AND

keep Eureka
or...
eat my shorts

August 09 2011 at 4:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
olympicglassinc

Please Keep Eureka on its what makes Mondays bearable to me. Eureka is a great show with fantastic writers and actors. The space trip might serve as a spin off . Where do I go to sign up for the SAVE EUREKA site?

August 09 2011 at 9:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ijardine

I have been wondering about this "six month" space trip with many of the key players being the crew. Could this become a spaceborne series all of its own?
Quite a risk if this is what they have in mind as for comedy the confined quarters of a spaceship (small) would be well confining.

August 05 2011 at 7:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anoniempje

maybe a merger spinoff between Warehouse 13 and Eureka,
Something like Joe and Zane get send back in time to HG Wells in Warehouse 12.

August 05 2011 at 2:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DanGarion

I just love to see a consistent season of the series, instead of it being moved, cut, and split.

August 05 2011 at 11:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adrian Pratt

Well with Season 4 airing, and Season 5 not due to air probably until next year. Season 6 would likely air in 2013, based on them spiting the season.

Unless they have seen sense, and decided to stop spiting a season across 2 years, and call 6 episodes a season.

August 05 2011 at 8:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply