December 18, 2014

Patty Duke Heading to 'Hawaii Five-0,' 'Suits' Lands Chi McBride & More Casting News

by Chris Harnick, posted Aug 5th 2011 10:25AM
Patty DukePatty Duke will guest star on 'Hawaii Five-0.' Unfortunately, she will not be playing identical cousins.

According to Entertainment Weekly, the legendary actress will play a mother of a murder victim. She has Alzheimer's and when the team goes to inform her of the bad news, she believes her grown son is still a child. Did somebody just clinch an Emmy nomination for 2012?

Duke's episode is the second of the new season, premiering Sept. 19 at 10PM on CBS.

In other casting news ...

Chi McBride will guest star on 'Suits.' The 'Human Target' actor will play District Attorney Wolf. Look for him in the Sept. 8 episode. [TV Guide]

Isabella Hoffman is heading to 'Criminal Minds.' She'll be playing one of Agent Rossi's (Joe Mantegna) ex-wives. She'll be in two episodes. [TVLine]

Jamie Harris has booked a recurring role on 'American Horror Story.' Harris will play will play R. Franklin, a sociopath killer. [THR]

Ashley Zuckerman will have a major recurring role on Fox's 'Terra Nova.' 'The Pacific' actor will play Lucas, a mysterious character with ties to Stephen Lang's character. [THR]

'Necessary Roughness' has added Jason Gedrick. The 'Desperate Housewives' actor has booked a three-episode arc on the USA Network hit. [TVLine]

Maria Menounos is heading to 'Extra.' Menounos will start Sept. 12 and also have on-air duties on 'Dr. Drew's Lifechangers.' Menounos also has a development deal with Telepictures. [THR]

jttt53

No matter what she does she is excellent. I am sure she will get an Emmy nomination; don't even have to see her performance to be sure of that one! I have seen almost everything she has starred in, and there is no one like her.
One of the greatest actressesof our time.

August 08 2011 at 6:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
darkcrash939

Patti played Helen Keller phenomenally well for her young age. I will remember her most for that.
That film (The Miracle Worker), and Anne Bancroft, blew me away when I was a kid, as it does today.
Not to mention, that she did it on stage, day after day...She looks fabulous.
From what I understand, she had a fairly troubled adulthood.

August 07 2011 at 6:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Newquest

....and WOW, a star that's not on a visual ego trip and hasn't had herself cut and pasted to pieces! What a nice change, how normal, how unlike the "stars" these days who start plastic surgery in their 20's! You Go Anna!

August 07 2011 at 4:11 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Newquest

Way to go Anna! Love ya!

August 07 2011 at 4:01 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Hans-Peter

Wow.. She also had a guest role in the original 5-0 series way back when...

August 07 2011 at 3:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
neb1997

Patty Duke is great, BUT, the way she looks now is NOT what most of today's average 64 year old's look like. Back in the 50's a 64 year old woman would probably have looked like Patty does now, but not today. It's obvious that she spent way too much time in the sun without protection and I think she smoked a lot too....that and too much drinking will cause wrinkles big time. Too bad, because she was a very attractive young woman. Still love her though.

August 07 2011 at 3:39 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to neb1997's comment
Newquest

What a jerk, neb! I'm sure she didn't spend anymore time out in the sun or smoke more or use protection less than any of the other stars her age. What she didn't op to do is remake her whole face like Most her age! They didn't keep themselves better! They had major plastic surgery! Are you that young or naive? No 60 year old has "good genes" that keep them looking young, lol! They remake their faces into what ever they want using plastic surgery. Fake, you know. Wake up and smell the plastic.....eh, Roses! LOL!

August 07 2011 at 4:17 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Newquest's comment
neb1997

Sorry you feel that I'm a jerk Newquest. Yes, I am young, a young 62 years and on SS. My skin doesn't look like PD's and I have never had anything done. Couldn't afford it even if i wanted to. I have always used sunscreen, rarely sunbathed in my younger days, didn't smoke or drink either. Kudos to PD for not going the route of facelifts, Botox, etc, but all I'm saying is that in this day and age, the AVERAGE woman in her 60's doesn't look like an old wrinkled up granny. Sometimes the truth isn't what we like to hear/read. IMO, PD looks awful, but I'm sure she's she's still the same great actress and person that she alwys has been. Why don't you wake up yourself. Bet you're the young naive one.

August 07 2011 at 5:33 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down
neb1997

Hey Newquest, sorry you think I'm a jerk, but thanks for the compliment because, yes I am young, 62 years young and on SS. My skin doesn't look like PD's and I have never done anything like Botox, facelifts, etc, couldn't aford it even if I wanted to. I do say kudos to PD for not doing those things herself. However, YOU need to get real and realize that today's AVERAGE 60 something female doesn't look like PD does, with or without plastic surgery. I'm not taking anything away from her, she's a great actress and I'm sure a very nice person, she just isn't aging well at all. If I hadn't been around when her show was on and didn't know who she was, I would guess she's well into her 70's. Just sayin'.

August 07 2011 at 5:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
brownmickyhb4

I grew up with Patty. I remember her first TV show that I watched every week! I've seen her in several things she's done through the years. I'll be glad to see her in Hawaii 5-0. If I can catch the one she is in. I've never watched it.

August 07 2011 at 3:13 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
geraldinagram

I would also like to see ROBERT WAGNER in some of the TV serials, or specials, or perhaps he should play a role in one of the CIS or detective shows, as a Commanding officer--He's just great, and still so good looking. Cheers for Patty Duke--Whatever happened to Leslye Ann Warren, another great actress who can play almost any type of character--g

August 07 2011 at 3:02 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Michael

had a severe crush on Patty Duke when she was on the Patty Duke Show

August 07 2011 at 2:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bruce Frendahl

Yeah I had a crush on her too watching the Patty Duke Show as a kid-- she was SOOOO cute!!!

August 07 2011 at 2:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply