October 31, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Roseanne Barr Announces She's Running for President (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Aug 5th 2011 5:19AM
Roseanne Barr, 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno'Roseanne Barr chose 'The Tonight Show' (Weeknights, 11:35PM ET on NBC) to make her big announcement for one reason. "I decided since you're the one who got Arnold Schwarzenegger elected as governor of California, I wanted to make my announcement here on your show," she told Jay Leno.

Then she turned to the crowd. "My announcement is that I am running for president of the United States," and then she added, "I'm totally serious."

She said that Sarah Palin running for President is what made her think she could do it, but Leno was quick to remind her that Palin hasn't officially put her hat in the ring yet.

"I wanted to kind of edge her out," Barr said. She then clarified that she will not be running for any party "because they both suck and they're both a bunch of criminals."

As outlandish as it sounds, with America's satisfaction with our current two-party system and our current elected officials so very low right now, she may be able to make some noise in this election, even if there is no realistic expectation of her getting very far. If she is serious, we're sure she'll have a lot more to say in the coming weeks about a lot of things.

janeknightr

Just remember we need to vote for a president for the right reasons . This isnt a big joke. Our country is in serious trouble here.

February 02 2012 at 7:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tory

Ludicrous!!! Rosanne Barr for President????

August 08 2011 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ds6342

as long as she doesn't sing.

August 08 2011 at 12:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mh32492

Roseanne 4 President...

August 07 2011 at 5:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ginger10487

you are kidding arn't you

August 07 2011 at 12:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
6_Fingers

When 15 minutes of fame goes wrong. You see people in prison getting a platform on television and telling their theory on life. When rock crawlers (those that crawl out from under rocks) need a platform, it's time to establish a profile for a quality needed to be elevated to celebrity.
Arrogance to think I'm worthy of being a role model can be seen everywhere.

August 07 2011 at 11:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MARIE E VAUGHN

wow can we picture this Roseann President WOW!!!!!!!

August 07 2011 at 11:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eastport111

Please tell me this is a joke,a very bad one.
She is loud,tacky and has no qualifications to be president.
I have no objections to a female president from either party but one with class,diplomacy,etc. who would make a good representative of all of us and not be an embarrassment,just my opinion.

August 07 2011 at 4:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jerry

IM MOVING TO RUSSIA

August 06 2011 at 8:59 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Jerry's comment
eastport111

to Jerry,
I like your sense of humor.

August 07 2011 at 4:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ds6342

very funny!

August 08 2011 at 12:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ArronAdamJivanni

I will vote for Roseanne any time ...if she has the guts go for it......if not...I want to run we need some one with a different approach in the White House............L

August 06 2011 at 7:40 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply