November 26, 2014

'All My Children' Creator Agnes Nixon to Guest on the Canceled Soap This Fall

by Jean Bentley, posted Aug 8th 2011 3:45PM
Agnes NixonWith many 'All My Children' alumni returning to the show for a final cameo before the long-running soap ends its 41-year run this September, it only makes sense that 'AMC' creator Agnes Nixon would get in on the nostalgia.

ABC announced today that Nixon will cameo on the soap as Agnes Eckhart, one of Pine Valley Hospital's long-standing board members, beginning Aug. 31. Nixon first appeared as Eckhart in 2005 to commemorate the show's 35th anniversary, and won a lifetime achievement award at the Daytime Emmys in 2010.

According to ABC, Agnes will be admitted to Pine Valley and treated by Cara and David. Naturally, she'll also encounter Erica Kane, and will reportedly have "a profound effect on all of the characters she interacts with that [will change] the course of their lives."

The 'AMC' finale is scheduled to air on Fri., Sept. 23. Former stars such as Sarah Michelle Gellar, Josh Duhamel and Eva La Rue have all signed on to appear one last time on the show that launched their careers.

However, life won't be over for the Pine Valley crew just yet. A company called Prospect Park has licensed 'AMC' and fellow canceled soap 'One Life to Live' and plans to broadcast them online -- and possibly on cable. Contract negotiations are still ongoing.

pritzzy

I will watch all my children on line. I have been watching this show every day for 33 yrs.Shame on you ABC.

September 06 2011 at 10:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rita

I have a lot to save. Please bring my favorite soap All My Children back Please.

September 04 2011 at 7:40 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Rita

I could tell much more. I will miss my favorite All My Children. Please bring it back,

September 04 2011 at 7:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rita

I am very sad to see All My Children. I have been watching it for many years. I will miss it. Hopefully, someone will make it come back. Keep me posted . Thank you Rita Brett Dallesandro

September 04 2011 at 7:38 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Kristi

ABC needs to be boycotted by all AMC & OLTL fans out there, my plan is to block ABC, already have the lock scheduled so no accidental viewing happens in my house. Shame on ABC for not listening to the most important people, their viewers. But you can't tell narrow minded people anything, they have feel the loss to finally get it. How I am hoping it doesn't take long for them to eat crow and apologize for what they are doing to bad it will be to late. Don't Rest In Peace ABC!!!!!

August 29 2011 at 9:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bigceo1

and that cooking trash shows yall think that gone work good by abc

August 25 2011 at 3:38 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
bigceo1

ABC ARE SOME IDIOTS THERE TAKING THE BEST SOAPS OFF I GREW UP LOVING AMC AND ONE LIFE TO LIVE IM A MALE WHO LOVES THE SOAPS BECAUSE OF MY GRANDMOTHER WHO IS HEART BROKEN THERE TAKING THIS STEP SHES 91 YRS OLD AND REMEMBERS ALL THE CHARACTERS FROM THE BEGINNING AND I HOPE SOME REAL NETWORK WOULD PICK THE SHOWS UP AND CONTINUE THE LEGACY WITH THE CHARACTERS WE LOVE AND KNOW ID RATHER IT BE ON A CABLE NETWORK BUT ILL SETTLE FOR ONLINE FOR NOW

August 25 2011 at 3:37 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
bigceo1

August 25 2011 at 3:37 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Joe DISH

What is here is DISH Network's DISH Online. This is great to be able to watch TV online. This gives you access to thousands of movies shows that you like to watch. This lets you stay caught up as well. I work for DISH I use this all the time. I like to watch what's on my DVR since I am never home. This is a great way to enjoy more of your TV. Find out more by going to http://besttvforme.com/

August 23 2011 at 5:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ja-ne

these are two shows that are good. there are a lot that are no good and boring.so why take all my children and one life off the air thet are the only ones worth watching. i will be changing channels.good bye abc

August 13 2011 at 1:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply