July 30, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Could Lindsay Become the Next Lea Michele on 'The Glee Project?' (VIDEO)

by Mike Moody, posted Aug 8th 2011 3:37AM
glee project lindsayCould it be? Have we found the next Lea Michele?

On the latest episode of 'The Glee Project' (Sun., 9PM on OXY), 'Glee' boss Ryan Murphy told contestant Lindsay that she could become the next sing-along superstar on his hit show -- if only she showed her vulnerable side a little more.

Hearing Murphy tell her exactly what he was looking for inspired Lindsay to drop her "perfect" veneer and to shed a few tears while revealing that she was adopted, and that she struggles to fit in with her family, which is full of jocks.

"I'm not perfect like they are, so I strive," she said.

Sounds 'Glee'-enough to us. What do you think? Was Murphy being a little too harsh on Lindsay, or were his words exactly what she needed to hear?

Let us know what you think in the comments.

Joe DISH

Working over at DISH Network I wanted to mention about DISH Online. This is a great spot for you to be able to watch movies and shows that you may have missed. This is something I use all the time when I cant be home. DISH Online will let you watch live TV and right off your DVR as well. Find out more go to www.dishonline.com

August 24 2011 at 5:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
meganmeganredhair

Is the question "Could Lindsay Become the Next Lea Michele," a joke?

August 09 2011 at 4:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JSM

She can sing but she doesn't have "it" like Lea does.

August 09 2011 at 12:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bobnsrq

It's a shame we lost Cameron because he could not separate his personal self from a character in a script. Oh, well...I hope Damien or Sam will win and that Ryan Murphy will be wise enough to invite Cameron back for guest spots in the series.

August 08 2011 at 1:11 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
amy714547

Her best acting performance was the fake tears-"I'm adopted so I suffered" act. Cannot believe Hannah was let go-she was likable and seemed real. Lindsey is so phony-must take a female to spot that-the vocal coach got it. Bet this girl has always got what she wanted by batting her eyes and smiling-men are so gullible. Since Hannah is gone I want Damian to win-at least he seems genuine.

August 08 2011 at 1:06 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to amy714547's comment
meganmeganredhair

You are completely right. Lindsay would never be good on glee because she isn't genuine. The reason they always say that she's overpowering is because she doesn't know how to be a team player, and in acting, that means you ruin the whole show.

August 09 2011 at 4:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
couponsnfreebies

So glad to see that I agree with everyone else... Lindsay should have been the one to go home last night, and Hannah should have stayed and won the whole thing. She is real, funny, has an incredible voice, and unlike Lindsay, can act with beliveable emotion. Plus, she would have made a great role model for impressionable kids who watch Glee. Here's hoping that no matter who wins the Glee project, that they also bring Hannah on in some sort of role. I wish her all the best of luck in the future.

August 08 2011 at 12:50 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
arlgranola

She is an actress, but she is always acting. Who is the real Lindsay?....Ryan made a huge mistake by letting Hanna
go last night. He took one of "Human" factors out. I am wondering what Ryan is looking for, the 7 episode fill in or the replacement for a leaving cast memember?....I liked Cameron as well, but acting is acting. Damian would be a good story line as an exchange student, for the 7 episodes. I agree with other posters Alex just throws the gay factor in the mix again, Kurt replacement. Sam....well he is the rocker type, replacment for Puck.....New blood is needed.

August 08 2011 at 12:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Luna

I agree with a lot of you. I dislike her very much, yes she has a nice voice. But I just dislike her! She's very fake and I believe Hannah should have been chosen over her. Lindsay is so over rated and her using an excuse like that is horrible. I hope they see through this and pick someone else. If they pick her Glee will never be the same if they do and I for one will not watch it.

August 08 2011 at 12:35 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Michael Lassell

I think this girl is one hundred percent phony. Not interested in her or her voice.

August 08 2011 at 12:24 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Janeand Jeff Cranmer

Being adopted myself I was really angry with Lidsay when she used that excuse for acting the way she does. I feel those plus the tears she shed while rehersing the song were just crocodile tears. I can't understand why she was chosen over Hannah. Hannah has the personality; Lindsay does not.

August 08 2011 at 12:19 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply