September 21, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Did Penny Sabotage Mary Beth on 'Food Network Star'? (VIDEO)

by Nick Zaino, posted Aug 8th 2011 5:45PM
Mary Beth Albright draws Penny Davidi's name and laughs on 'The Next Food Network Star'Mary Beth Albright knew she was in for trouble as soon as she saw Penny Davidi was going to be her sous-chef on 'Food Network Star' (Sundays, 9PM on the Food Network). She laughed when she drew the name, but it seemed more nervous than happy.

Albright said having Davidi as a sous-chef would be "highly distracting," and she was right. The judges were all distracted by Davidi's snail pace, as was Albright. "At this point, Penny is costing me more time than she is saving me," said Albright. The judges asked Alton Brown to talk to Davidi. "Do you normally work at this kind of leisurely pace?" he said. Davidi reacted with mock surprise, and said she was being methodical, not leisurely. "You know, it seemed leisurely, which in Kitchen Stadium, often results in losing," said Brown.

He was right. Albright did wind up leaving 'Food Network Star,' no thanks to Davidi. Fans of the show, do you think Davidi deliberately sabotaged Albright? Let us know in the comments.

Joe DISH

DISH Online is another option to watch TV. You can log in on to DISH Online and watch movies regular TV and even watch what you have recorded on your DVR. This gives some flexibility to see some TV. You can go right online and there’s your TV at hand. This is great and working for DISH I use this all the time. Find out more by going to http://besttvforme.com/

August 23 2011 at 4:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ValRea

Of course she did!

I like Vic and Susie the best of the remaining contestants. Jeff had some funny moments, and he seems like a nice guy. I just am not interested in watching a sandwich show. Orchid was my favorite.

August 09 2011 at 1:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phyllis Ann Johnson

It is quite ironic that after having to work with Penny in so many challenges that Mary Beth would have to work with her when she returned. If Penny didn't sabotage her it would be if she forgot. She was so jealous of Mary Beth. Perhaps the producers of the show set Mary Beth up to work with Penny again to get good ratings.

August 08 2011 at 9:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Saltine

Penny should be baned from the finali evan if its just sitting in the audiance. She should have been removed and replaced by one of the others. I would have stopped the comp right there and called her out and removed her right there on camera. I have never seen shch a spoild sore looser as she.

August 08 2011 at 8:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy

Penny certainly showed her true color (for this who didn't already realize it), but Mary Beth was never going to win Food Network Star. It was only bad choices by her more knowledgable competitors and her personality that got her into the final four.

This has really been Jeff's contest to lose for several weeks now. Really, I'll be surprised if Vic makes it past the camera challenge in the finale episode. Either Susie or Jeff would make good investments by Food Network, but I'm not sure they need second Latina chef; although, Susie's effervescence would shine a light on Marcela Valladolid's wooden personality.

August 08 2011 at 7:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ChrisM

I still like the sandwich king better.

August 08 2011 at 6:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply