November 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Mike Tyson Tells a Twisted Bedtime Story on 'Same Name' (VIDEO)

by Mike Moody, posted Aug 8th 2011 2:51AM
mike tysonLeave it to Mike Tyson to turn the classic 'Three Little Pigs' story into a tale of violence and death!

On 'Same Name' (Sun., 9PM ET on CBS), the former heavyweight champion of the world was charged with telling two sweet little girls a bedtime story.

I'm sure the sisters got a kick out of Tyson, who made the story come to life with characters, voices, cartoonish noises and a surprisingly dark ending.

Apparently, in Tyson's version of the story, the wolf ends up getting cooked in the third piggy's chimney, and the pig dined on "roasted wolf" for dinner!

Yeah ... it's been a while since anyone kneeled next to my bed and told me that bedtime story, but I don't exactly remember it goin' like that. Still, it was pretty sweet of the champ to take a little time out to make the kids laugh with his unique twist on a classic.

Joe DISH

DISH Online is a great way to keep up with shows like this when you’re away from home. I work for DISH Network and I depend on DISH Online so I know I will never miss any of my shows. I can watch live TV or what’s on my DVR. You can rent movies as well to find out more go to www.dishonline.com

August 24 2011 at 5:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nanarina

To funny! Enjoyed it. LOL

August 08 2011 at 12:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bnapoli

Good job, Mike and Mike..................................................

August 08 2011 at 12:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angela

I thought it was actually cute! Hey, he's just a big teddy bear. It's good to see his lighter side.

August 08 2011 at 12:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
siclare10

This is news REALLY!. Wow people out of that whole show this is what was picked out not the end where he help out the clinic for the people that have no health care to give them some where nice to sit and enjoy. So sick of all the negative media in the U.S they make the people here look like Idots. Country is going to hell and this is what people are biting on to. Get a life. I think he did a great job.

August 08 2011 at 11:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

That's how the old fairy tale went before Disney softened it. The Grimm Brothers also has Snow White & the Prince bump off the wicked queen at their wedding by making her wear the wedding gift she brought. Only in the last 30-40 years have most of these dark fairy tales and cartoons been edited with less lethal endings.

August 08 2011 at 11:37 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Brian's comment
wllharrington

And it is a shame. Parents don't want their little lovelies to hear such awful stories yet they let them listen to news and watch the most disgusting shows.

August 08 2011 at 12:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WarehouseFlats

i don't think that the tale of the big bad wolf trying to hunt and eat the three little piggies is any less violent than when the tables get turned and the piggies have roasted wolf for supper...

August 08 2011 at 11:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vamborools714

he should have told them the one about crazy boxer who bit off part of his opponents ear and threatened to eat some children. wait that was him and it wasnt a make beleive story.

August 08 2011 at 11:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JESSICA

That's pretty much the way it was told to me when I was little. There was a big pot in the fireplace and when the wolf came down the chimney, he fell in the pot and the pigs cooked him. Isn't that the way the story goes?

August 08 2011 at 10:52 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
super35w81

He just told it as it was originally told, before it was sanitized! The whole point of the story is to show kids bad things happen to lazy people. If the pigs all live then whats the point of the story?

August 08 2011 at 10:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply