December 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Giuliana's 'Domestic Dispute' on 'Giuliana and Bill' (VIDEO)

by Laura Prudom, posted Aug 9th 2011 2:10AM
Giuliana and BillMore often than not, reality shows can come off sounding like a sitcom gone wrong, and that was definitely the case for 'Giuliana and Bill' (Mon., 8PM ET on Style) tonight, after our leading lady got a little confused over the meaning of the words "domestic dispute."

The couple were debating the merits of opening their new restaurant, Mama DePandi's Pasteria, in Los Angeles, where they currently live, or in Chicago, where Bill thought it would have more chance of success.

"I love the idea of us being here," Giuliana pointed out. "Now we have a house, we're getting settled in -- it's going so well, I don't want to mess it up."

"You're thinking more in terms of comfort and the least path of resistance, and I'm thinking in terms of ensuring a successful restaurant," Bill countered, but Giuliana had a much more ominous answer to strike back with: "No, I'm thinking more in terms of our marriage," she said pointedly.

Bill didn't seem too fazed by the threat. "This, my darling, is what they call a Texas Standoff."

"This, is what they call a domestic dispute," Giuliana insisted, but even she started to laugh when her long-suffering husband corrected her, "No, a domestic dispute is typically when the police are called and someone gets taken away."

"That could happen," Giuliana drawled, not missing a beat. Jessica Simpson, we think you have some competition in the ditzy reality star category ...

Joe DISH

The DISH Online progresses it will get better and better. This will continue to provide more and more movies. I work for DISH so I first used this when it rolled out and I have come to like this feature. I like the way it works. This gives me more value since I don’t watch TV at home much since I'm busy this lets me maximize my TV enjoyment. Find out more by going to http://besttvforme.com/

August 23 2011 at 2:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe DISH

August 23 2011 at 2:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bahone1

She is starting to REALLY get my on my nerves. This has become the "Giuliana " Show, with comic relief by Bill. If it isn't her way, just forget it.

August 14 2011 at 8:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jerseyj40

I think they have a lot louder disputes than we know or hear about. Can't believe she was able to whittle him away from Chicago. She thinks he is going to live in LA with her for good. I hope he does not give in. She is in her glory for awhile. Ha Ha. Hope mama DePandy's Restaurant ends up in Chicago. Her whining and controlling are only going to get worse. She tries so hard to keep in control of herself. Funny to watch.

August 10 2011 at 9:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kyoteee1

They're both idiots. First, it's a "Mexican Standoff" that's the common term between two stubborn but determined opponents who won't budge. Second, a domestic dispute is just that: a dispute. Not domestic violence which involves serious physical injuries upon one or both of the couple, just a dispute which is merely a difference (usually loudly expressed) of opinion.

August 10 2011 at 6:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DebAL44@aol.com

Does that woman eat? She can't get pregnant because she has O body fat. She might have a personality if she had a sandwich once in awhile. More talentless people on tv.

August 09 2011 at 2:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
andilambert

I like this couple. And frankly, it's newsworthy because people need relief in their lives from "real news". If that's all we listened to we'd be a society of cynical, depressed, negative people constantly on judgemental tirades........wait, that seems to be some of the problem here. This couple seems very real to me. Bill appears intelligent and logical, while not always sensitive to Guilliana's needs and wants, not unlike a certain real husband of my own. Guilianna is a far cry from Jessica Simpson. On the contrary, she makes sound business decisions and always conducts herself as a level-headed, intelligent woman. I've always enjoyed watching thier show. I don't usually like reality tv because the majority of it is trashy people and their trashy lives. Guilliana and Bill is funny, real and refreshing.

August 09 2011 at 1:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mmikenoike

As Bill becomes more noticed his career won't need the praying mantis anymore. He will tire of her controlling needy whiney nature and he will want kids of his own. Everyone who does a reality couple show breaks up. When he hits the mid age he will go for a young less nagging girl.

August 09 2011 at 1:17 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
lensue88

Love this couple, hope they have a cute baby and Guiliana move to Chicago for this nice, handsome guy!

August 09 2011 at 1:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AGUDELOandFITCH

I thought it was serious... like her offending a large group of people cause shes so ignorant.

August 09 2011 at 1:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply