Nigel Lythgoe: Jennifer Lopez Returning to 'American Idol'

by Chris Harnick, posted Aug 10th 2011 1:20PM
Jennifer LopezJennifer Lopez is returning to 'American Idol,' executive producer Nigel Lythgoe announced Wednesday morning on 'Idol' host Ryan Seacrest's radio show.

"I am delighted to say that all three judges, along with the brilliant host of 'American Idol,' [are] back for the next season," Lythgoe said in an interview on 'On Air with Ryan Seacrest.'

Lopez's 'Idol' future was up in the air for much of the summer. In an interview with BBC, Lopez said she was unsure whether or not she would return to the Fox reality competition series.

"I don't know," Lopez told BBC Radio about returning to the hit show. "I haven't been forced to make a decision and I'm glad about that because honestly I'm very on the fence about it."

Lopez's new deal with 'American Idol' will reportedly earn her just over $20 million. The singer/actress is at work on two films this summer. She's also dealing with her divorce from Marc Anthony.

Fox has yet to make an official announcement about Lopez's involvement with 'American Idol' Season 11.

Related:

Jikri

I love american idol..

October 04 2012 at 10:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
parricia

I cannot believe it. Steve and Jennifer are awesome. What's not to like about them. Randy too

January 20 2012 at 5:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shelby

I am sooo glad to hear this!! Last year was the best year ever!!! It was handled so much different with the junky stuff taken out and the judges were the BEST EVER!!!

August 11 2011 at 1:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The Darb

Please, please get rid of Steven Tyler. All he did was repeat what other judges said or gave cushy compliments to the singers, particularly the females. He may have been, and maybe still is, a rock and roll icon, but he is no judge. Look at the tapes.

August 11 2011 at 12:22 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
yankeefan

i read all these great comments and I agree with all, jennifer lopez sucks as an idol judge, and steve taylor is awesome. That show need to get rid of the old and in with the new, she is old news and she cant sing any more oe even act. I feel bad for the people who watch Idol.

August 11 2011 at 12:05 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
gerbersmail

Are you FN kidding me? This is "old news"! I knew she signed on and got twenty million dollars TWO WEEKS AGO! You guys need to put the "bong" down. You forgot what you printed just two weeks earlier! Beautiful! Simply FN beautiful!

August 10 2011 at 11:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anne

Three new judgeswould have been refreshing. Steven is genuine - the other two I can do without. Saleries are outrageous! Oh, for Simon and Paula to be back again!

August 10 2011 at 11:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
justgigging

J-BLOW

August 10 2011 at 11:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hurf1

20 million ??? What is going on ? That is a ridiculous pay check for anyone.

August 10 2011 at 11:19 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
susi539

I liked Paula Abdul....Jlo thinks she is sooo much better, but in reality very selfish. Hey, I can cry too, if someone is trying to mess with my income...Haven't watched the last American Idol because of Jennifer Lopez, beside, I think the show lost it's zest.

August 10 2011 at 11:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply