April 17, 2014

'In Plain Sight' Gets Renewed for One More Season

by Maggie Furlong, posted Aug 11th 2011 7:30PM
Mary McCormack, 'In Plain Sight''In Plain Sight' will be back for more ... but not too much more. USA announced today that it has renewed the series for a fifth and final season.

Sound like good news? Well it sort of is, but if you think about it, it's really just a very nice way of saying the show has been canceled. Plus, since the network gave the show an additional two-season pick-up last year, this isn't exactly news either.

What is news is that Season 5 will be a shortened swan song for the show, with only eight episodes ordered to wrap up the series instead of the usual 13. Season 5 is set to air next spring.

The news comes just days after the show's Season 4 finale aired earlier this week.

Starring Mary McCormack as U.S. Marshal Mary Shannon, who's tasked with handling matters for the Federal Witness Protection Program alongside her partner Marshall Mann (Fred Weller), the crime drama has been averaging a solid 4.9 million viewers each week.

USA released some actual renewal news earlier today: hit freshman series 'Suits' is getting a second season and, as we learned exclusively, pro football bad boy Terrell Owens will guest star on the season finale of 'Necessary Roughness.'

Are you sad to see 'In Plain Sight' go?

hayvenbrocketthurst

Everyone! Please ask them to put this show back on-In Plain Sight-
It has everything-work-family-crazy-serious everything all rolled into one!\
\Yhey k eep-
Monk
Psyche
Suits
Royal Pains gives me the Royal Pains!

I guess inteligence is something USA is not looking for-because this show has everything plus its characters are INTELLIGENT!
There are some more-but these are a few.

December 05 2012 at 5:39 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
hayvenbrocketthurst

Why in the world qwould you take In Plain SIght off TV?
You keep suchg idiotic shows as Psyche and let McCorkick and he crew go?
Stupiiy!
PsycheNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
In Plain SIght YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
MOnk??????????????????????????????

December 05 2012 at 5:31 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Debbie Scrivener

USA is going to lose money, and their loyal fans when they take In Plain Sight off the air. I've been a loyal fan since it started. Loved Mary's attitude, and Marshall's wit. Together ,they complimented each other to make the show work. Please reconsider and keep In Plain Sight going for many more seasons.

June 03 2012 at 1:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kim

Sad to see in plain sight leave the air. It was a great show. I have been watching since Day 1 and thoroughly enjoyed it. What is wrong with USA? You cancel a great show like sight and keep suits, which is just garbage. I used to be an avid USA watcher, but the shows lately have been dismal and disappointing. They had a great thing going with sight, if they had just put some effort into it! I used to be a "watch tv all the time" person and loved cable with all of its selection. But the "MINDS" that are coming up with these new shows (My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding??!!, Toddlers & Tiaras) need to have their heads examined. Who wants to watch these shows where parents are spending lots of money and time doing ridiculous things for their kids, while everyday people are having issues with just keeping their jobs, houses and heads above water. These shows are not real life...why don't you ask the viewers what they would like to see? And what shows they would like to keep before some "out of the loop" person makes a decision to ax it!!!!!!

May 12 2012 at 2:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JoAynD

I just discovered In plain Sight at the start of season 4 and fell in love with it! I purchased season 1-3 and watched in awe at the birth and growth of an incredible show. It actually ranks neck and neck with NCIS which I never thought another show would do. I guess it just follows then that they go and cancle it right when it seems to be at it's peak with so many more stories to explore and so much left unsettled with Mary's crazy family. Why can't they see that this is a bad move and fire the person who came up with it and get the da__ show back? You know what? you can cancel the immature "Psyc" and the boring as hell "Suits" to make room for another season or two of The Mature, intelligent, funny, well written, well acted and produced and Loyaly followed IN PLAIN SIGHT. The reason it took me three seasons to discover In plain Sight was because I quit looking for good shows on USA. Do the country a favor and get rid of the idiot that cancels the great shows.

April 24 2012 at 10:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Emily

Suits is an awful show, yet you kill In Plain Sight that has a large and very loyal fan base? This is an idiotic move. There aren't other shows like In Plain Sight, but so many shows on USA have the same premise and are very boring. Say goodbye to your breath of fresh air.

April 21 2012 at 9:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donald

You kept Monk for so many years an Psyic and Roual Pains they all stink up the airways and drop a good show Like In Plain Sight. Shows USA has no brains in their programming department. This staion lives on other networks good productions i.e. NCIS and SVU.

April 21 2012 at 9:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mbconley203

I kept hoping I would read or hear of a change of heart from the network . I much prefer "sight" to suits anyday. It is refreshing, funny and serious all rolled into one. The characters inter act as in real life. Sure do hate that it has been cancelled.

April 07 2012 at 2:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
annasing2

Very sorry to see sight go..why?..such an intelligent, witty and appealing show with characters who are complex yet courageous and compelling..a truly adult show !shame on usa

March 24 2012 at 10:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael Matthews

I really like this show, I grew up in Albuquerque, allot of the scenes brings back allot of good memories. :>) I sure hope they do not cancel it !!

March 21 2012 at 10:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply