July 26, 2014

Roseanne Working on Return to Sitcoms

by Chris Harnick, posted Aug 11th 2011 1:30PM
Roseanne BarrRoseanne Barr is heading back to scripted TV. The comedian and current star of reality show 'Roseanne's Nuts' is working on a new blue-collar sitcom.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Barr and her boyfriend/reality TV co-star Johnny Argent are working on the project, currently titled 'Downwardly Mobile,' about a family living in tough economic hardship. The project's home is 20th Century Fox.

'Downwardly Mobile' would be Barr's first sitcom since 'Roseanne' ended in 1997. Since then, Barr has had a talk show, a best-selling book and now a reality series on Lifetime.

Recently, the Emmy-winner announced she's running for president and said she wants to compete on 'Dancing With the Stars.'

Barr's return to sitcoms comes at a time when nostalgia is high across the TV landscape. Tim Allen has a new series debuting on ABC and Kirstie Alley is circling a sitcom project described as a new take on 'Roseanne.' Reboots for 'Dallas,' 'Charlie's Angel's and possibly 'Bewitched' are coming out.

Do you want to see Roseanne star in a new sitcom?

anothergent007

who here amoung us has not made any mistakes in thier lifes i for one like her and will give her a chance to win my heart back go get em lady

August 12 2011 at 8:44 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Peg

I guess being a nut farmer wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I, for one, won't be watching.

August 12 2011 at 8:25 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
tstang41

Who in there right mind would want to watch this foul mouth so called actress! She need to stay in her own little world,where ever that is!

August 12 2011 at 8:22 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Augustus Samples

Hope Everybody has a great Day,God Bless us All

August 12 2011 at 8:12 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Bean

I love Roseanne and can't get enough of her! I totally get her even though I am nothing like her at all. Give her new show a chance. It has alot of familiar guest appearances including Phyllis Diller! Very funny and addictive!

August 12 2011 at 8:02 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
cozymoon72

Yes, I want Roseanne back but I want her and the cast from her old show back on.
I want the ROSEANNE show back. I hated the show once they won the money but it was GREAT before
that. So bring Dan back to life ( if he will work with her again) and continue on .

August 12 2011 at 8:01 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Donna

No matter what you think of her personally, her show was well written and very popular for several years. And yes I'd be at least curious to see what she is up to these days. Regardless of whatever, she is a very clever lady.

August 12 2011 at 7:58 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
carolann47150

no way in hell wuld turn off tv before i watched her

August 12 2011 at 7:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce

So much for her "quitting show business". Oh well.

August 12 2011 at 7:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply