October 21, 2014

Ashton Kutcher's 'Two and a Half Men' Trailer Could House a Family of Four (At Least)

by Jean Bentley, posted Aug 15th 2011 3:30PM
Two and a Half MenCity-dwellers, you probably won't be happy with this latest bit of news from the 'Two and a Half Men' set -- People magazine has photos of the ginormous trailer Ashton Kutcher spends his downtime in while on the set of his CBS sitcom, and it's about three times the size of your two-bedroom apartment (at least).

There are seven 60-inch 3D plasma TVs in more than 1,000 square feet, which includes two bathrooms, a "conference area" and a kitchen with granite countertops, says People.

According to the Daily Mail, CBS shells out $8,750 a week to rent the trailer, which is probably nicer than any place I will ever reside in my entire life. People reports that it would cost $2 million to actually buy one of the trailers.

While Kutcher's making $500K less than Charlie Sheen did per 'Men' episode -- a TV Guide report last week put his salary around $700,000 a week -- that is some piece of real estate considering it's only for on-set breaks. Did we mention that it has "side sections and a second floor that hydraulically emerge from vehicle's main body, as well as a wireless touch screen that controls heat, air conditioning, brightness and the blinds," according to People?

Tell us: What do you think of Ashton's new digs?

linkww

It's called "The Heat" and was bulit for Al Pacino when he was filming the movie of the same name.

August 29 2011 at 6:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rick Dobbins

I tried 13 years to get on a sitcom......I look at those people and say: "They are the luckyest PEOPLE IN THE WORLD! More Power to you!!!"

I'll NEVER understand why Sheen threw it away.......

August 29 2011 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
osiguards

In reality;you and I are paying for that trailer. The studio calculates the cost of all the expenses to sell the sponser time. The sponsers buy the time. The sponser passes that cost( eventhough it is low) onto you and I.
If yo cannot undrstand ; what can I say.

August 29 2011 at 3:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dave94703

Is there some reason why someone who makes half a mil per half-hour episode shouldn't be staying in $9k a week worth of comfort? I for one am ready for the whole phony free-market argument to die a richly deserved death, but if I were one of the privileged few who fell into profiting from it, I certainly wouldn't spare a second worrying about denying myself relatively cheap comforts that might improve my performance in order to project fake humility.

August 18 2011 at 10:24 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Bama Mare

While I like TWO AND A HALF MEN...I THINK THIS IS RIDICULOUSE THAT THIS MUCH MONEY IS SPENT ON ANY TV PERSONALITY. WE HAVE CHILDREN AND ADULTS WITHOUT A HOME , FOOD, TV AND THE MOVIE INDUSTRY SPENDS THIS MUCH . Like someone commented...this trailer is bigger than some homes. Does Ashton plan to move Demi in there while he is filming.

August 17 2011 at 2:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
raidrmik67

SEVEN 60" TV's in a 1,000 square foot living space? Two bathrooms, I get that but why so many TV's? This is the same trailer Will Smith rented while filming in NYC.

August 16 2011 at 11:04 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
adoglover2

Three cheers for Ashton Kursher. That is a gorgeous, fun trailor. Nice try trying to paint a negative picture of Ashton, but your words for all deaf ears. Do you have the talent, looks, and courage to go after a career in show business and make it. I know I don't.

August 16 2011 at 9:59 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to adoglover2's comment
vs344

i agree. you guys shouldn't be bashful on someone else with that

August 30 2011 at 11:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patti

Hey bootsie you dont have to wait for the next President to leave . . . .That boarder is always open why dont you leave and go find it better somewhere else, we wont miss ya promise!

August 16 2011 at 9:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
adoglover2

Three cheers for Ashton Kusher! Nice try in painting a negative picture of him, but they fall on deaf ears. Do you have the talent, looks, and guts to go after a career in show business and make it ? I know I don't. A weekend in that trailor would be the bomb!

August 16 2011 at 9:56 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
rosemaryram

I am not able to tell you what I think about AK's new "digs," as you suggeted,since you forgot to publish the pictures illustrating CBS's rented trailer for Ashton. It certainly sounds fantastic.

August 16 2011 at 9:20 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply