September 21, 2014

TLC Cancels 'Kate Plus 8'

by Jean Bentley, posted Aug 15th 2011 4:45PM
Kate Plus 8The Gosselin bubble has finally burst: after seven seasons, five years and 150 episodes, TLC has decided to end 'Kate Plus 8' (a.k.a. the show formerly known as 'Jon & Kate Plus 8').

The network said in a statement, "TLC has decided not to renew another season of 'Kate Plus 8.' By the end of this season 'Kate Plus 8' will have hit the 150 episode mark (including 'Jon & Kate Plus 8'); an exceptional milestone. TLC hopes to check in with Kate and the family periodically with specials in the future."

Kate released a statement via Twitter thanking TLC for her years on the air. "We've had a great run! Six years of whirlwind funfilled adventures thanks to TLC and our many many supportive & diehard fans! While it is very sad for me and the kids (there were many tears at the breakfast table this morning!), we are looking forward with great anticipation to our bright future," she wrote.

Season 7 of 'Kate Plus 8' (well, the third featuring Kate raising the kids solo) premiered Mon., Aug. 8 to disappointing ratings, drawing just 1 million viewers.

This year, the show has begun focusing on Kate's forays into the dating world. Gosselin said on 'Today' last week that her kids have started encouraging her to date more.

Tell us: Are you sad to see Kate and the eight Gosselin kids leave TV? Are you still watching?

Christine

Thank Goodness she off the air what a witch she is

October 27 2011 at 10:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
holly

Wow! and everyone blames Jon? really?

September 06 2011 at 8:12 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Gini Mulligan

I cannot believe that Kate can watch these shows and not see what a shrew she is. If it just editing for "drama" then she should quit. What mother in her right mind would take 8 of her own kids and 3 of someone else's on a road trip in two RV's for two weeks, and fret over the organization? This woman needs serious help. I certainly hope that a good portion of the "kids" funds are put away for future therapy as they will surely need it. I don't like watching shows like this but it is like trying to avert your eyes at a car crash. I am so glad that TLC has decided not to continue to encourage this woman in that she has any talent for tv other then a side show.

September 06 2011 at 1:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa Christianson

I remember watching the show when the children were very little. As Kate's narcissism took over the show, it became too difficult to watch. The kids were always cute, even during their worst moments. It was easy to see why they'd act out from time to time, all kids do, but some of the attitudes were definitely patterned after their mother's progressively worsening behavior. I think Kate started out with all good intentions, and really was a good mother. As she began to morph into the current Kate, she became annoying, petulant, rude and absolutely diva like. It wasn't pretty. The once young, pretty mother, turned into a very odd creature. She's pretty on the outside, but she truly lost what made her pretty on the inside. She constantly griped about the cameras snapping pictures, yet, there she was week after week in her bikini, her short skirts and her ever rising high heels, and weird hairdos. I hope she finds peace in this life. She has a very big task ahead of her. Children are hard when they are little, but as you lose control of them when they become teens, consequences become scary and helping them becomes next to impossible. If Kate is smart, as I think she is, she should find that old t-shirt mom in her, because it was that mom that was the most beautiful inside and out and I'd venture to say, it was that mom who was the most happy.

September 06 2011 at 1:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hydazex

I am sad they are not renewing another season with Kate Plus 8. I love to watch the adventures of those cute kids. I think it is very intertaining. I will miss watching it.

August 30 2011 at 4:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Helen D. Olguin

I AM VERY SAD THAT THEY ARE NOT RENEWING [KATE PLUS 8] I HAVE WATCHED THEM FROM THE START OF THE FIRST SEASON ALL THE WAY UNTILL THIS LAST SEASON.WENT THROUGH HER PAIN WITH HER DIVORCE ;HER ANGUISH WONDERING HOW SHE WAS GOING TO PAY THE BILLS& FEED THE KIDS,NOW THIS!! SHE AND THE KIDS HAVE GROWN ALOT AND SHOW THEY ARE SAVOUR'S.LOOK HOW MUCH THE KIDS HELP THEIR MOM AND LOOK AT HOW SHE WENT FROM NOT BEING ABLE TO PUT A TENT UP, TO MAKING A GATE FOR THE NEW BABYS CHICKEN PEN!! THERE IS SO MANY OTHER SHOWS TLC. COULD LET GO OF AND KEEP KATE PLUS 8. I WILL BE WATCHING TLC. UNTILL THE LAST SHOW OF KATE PLUS 8. THAN ONLY WHEN THEY DO SPECIAL ON THEM.SO00000 SAD :0/

August 23 2011 at 7:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
myfuzzy716

good riddance--she gave a whole new twist to good parenting

August 20 2011 at 10:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
luvccmy1

I hope now Kate will pay more attention to her children. I have not watched the show in a couple of years, but the last time I did see it. The twins girls acted out for attention. I hope Kate does not wait too late. I think Jon was a good father an he never let fame get to him.

August 20 2011 at 9:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eleanorc21

I loved the show since Day 1. Kate was very brave to have six children at once, risking her life to respect life.
I will miss the show...I wish Kate well.

August 20 2011 at 1:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lmayo0848

Good! I stopped watching her a long time ago. Still do not feel right the way she treated her husband and how she appears to be such a Diva.

August 20 2011 at 12:47 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply