October 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Kathy Griffin Asked Michele Bachmann If She Was Born a Bigot or Grew Into One (VIDEO)

by Alex Moaba, posted Aug 16th 2011 11:35AM

Kathy Griffin has made a living ripping on female Republican Presidential candidates. Okay, really just Sarah Palin, but she can now add Iowa Ames Straw Poll winner Michele Bachmann to her resume.

Griffin told an amazing story on 'Conan' about running into Bachmann at an event in Washington, D.C., when the comedienne was organizing a rally in support of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' repeal for 'My Life on the D-List.' When she found herself riding an escalator with Bachmann, Griffin asked the Tea Partier if she'd support the rally for gay rights. Bachmann said, "I don't think so."

Weirdly, Bachmann's aide then pulled out a flip-cam to record the conversation for her website. Griffin couldn't resist, and followed up with a zinger: "Congresswoman Bachmann: Were you born a bigot or did you grow into it?"

Bachmann's response was bizarre. "That's a good question, I'm gonna have to get back to 'ya," she said, seemingly not taking issue with being called prejudiced.

Well, at least she hasn't taken a side in the nature vs. nurture debate on this one. It's kind of devastating that Griffin's people weren't the ones recording this conversation, because the footage will probably never see the light of day, and it could have been some viral gold.

bjb75149

I think I remember a time...a long long time ago when Kathy was funny.....unless I've got her confused with someone else. She reminds me too much of Joan Rivers...another comedic genius.

August 17 2011 at 1:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
accordin2kording

Kathy is 100% correct, Bachmann is a bigot and a dimwit..

August 17 2011 at 12:32 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
uniong8357

I agree, I am seriously over griffin but I can't stand that nutcase Bachmann.

August 16 2011 at 11:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
melissa shanda

I don't like Michelle Bachmann, but Kathy Griffin is just so obnoxious I really want her to go away already!!! I watched her show briefly, but couldn't take anymore. It's painful to watch her constantly humiliate herself and others, with everyone aware of it, but her!

August 16 2011 at 11:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vilaviki

I am no fan of Kathy Griffin, but she took the opportunity to jab the biggest liar in the House of Representatives and that is a big insult because the GOP and tea party GOP are lying their heads off constantly.

August 16 2011 at 9:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nicole

Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion on things. Kathy Griffin is disgusting. No class, crude, masculine, obnoxious. I'd be embarrassed to have her on my side. Thank God for Conservative women who stand up for what they believe in. Michele Bachmann is only one of many....

August 16 2011 at 7:50 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
rtarl22148

BOTH OF THEM ARE CHIMPS

August 16 2011 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeri Otte

Was Kathy Griffin born rude, crude, liberal *****.....................or has she 'grown into one'???

August 16 2011 at 2:05 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
isabel7830

What an idiot. Just because you do not think being Gay is okay does not make you a bigot. Not everyone thinks its okay. We are all entitled to our opinions! Kathy Griffin is an idiot.

August 16 2011 at 2:04 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to isabel7830's comment
Gabbagabbawill

Wrong. Michelle Bachmann is the definition of a bigot.

big·ot \ˈbi-gət\
noun
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

August 18 2011 at 2:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim

Michelle Bachmann is the worst kind of person. Fact.

August 16 2011 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Tim's comment
mchl105394065

Finally, a commenter on this post who isn't psycho.

August 16 2011 at 6:24 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply