November 29, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Who Was Crowned the Winner of 'MasterChef'? (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Aug 16th 2011 11:38PM
'MasterChef' finaleIt was a two-part finale of 'MasterChef' (Tue., 8PM ET on FOX) as we whittled our way from three to two to one winner across two hours. In the first hour, it was Christian, Jennifer and Adrien vying for a spot in the final face-off.

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

They began the round as they'd begun the show, creating dishes of chicken. Despite a presentation that left the judges a little cool, Christian's bacon-wrapped chicken was a hit for its taste. But Adrien scored even higher with the judges, while Jennifer came in last.

At this stage of the competition, though, last doesn't mean her dish wasn't delicious. In fact, no one flopped completely throughout the night, leaving it to minor details and past performances to help the judges make their decisions.

When it came time to pick ingredients for the next round, Christian pushed Jennifer into mushrooms, leading to a great reaction from him when she announced she'd grown up around mushrooms. He was hoping to screw her out of the competition, and instead he may have just given her a leg up.

In fact, Christian fell apart in the kitchen and Jennifer was in no hurry to help him out, citing a little of what goes around, comes around. He pulled his dish together in the end, but it wasn't enough to make it to the next round over Adrien and Jennifer, and 'MasterChef's resident badboy was sent back to the real world.

The final round saw the parents come in for support, and scrutiny, as the last two standing were tasked with creating a three-part meal in two hours with everyone watching. This time, it was up to them to prepare whatever their hearts desired, and the pressure was definitely getting to them.

It was a tight race throughout all of the courses with the judges presenting pros and cons for both contestants. But in the end, Jennifer was declared the winner of the season in part because her "attitude is fearless," according to Gordon Ramsay.

supahotgurl918

I feel it was unfair because Jennifer should have been kicked off the show. I still remember when she served the judges raw meat earlier in the season. She should have been gone after that. Adrien should have won.

October 23 2011 at 9:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
clindalcampbell

There was no need to watch the finale, the decision was obviously made a month ago when Jennifer cooked one of her worst meals and she was still moving forward. You could tell the judges favorite was Jennifer. She could do no wrong. I love to watch Gordon Ramsey but just like Hells kitchen he chooses his favorite long befor the show is over.
I believe these judges voted with 3rd leg and not talent.

August 24 2011 at 3:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
: Ðan

the wrong person WON hell she shouldn't have even been in the final 2
it should have been between Cristian and Adrien

August 17 2011 at 4:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hjemerson2

so SAD Adrien SHOULD HAVE WN! I have not missed a show an he did all the right stuff, They kept Christian just to keep people watching! I hope to see Adrien again maybe with a show he has the touch and style Jennifer will end up back at home with nothings after a few month Just wait and see! As for the judges I enjjoyed them It a good summer filler show!

August 17 2011 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darin

I was absolutely elated when Jennifer and Adrien went on to become the two finalist. Christian and Suzy were to self absorbed and obnoxious. They talked a good game but in the end their self confidence did them in. Suzy's remark that she should have been in Jennifer's spot during the final three competition was complete BS..She wasn't good enough plain and simple. Max who was tossed out much earlier had even stated the Jennifer should have gone before him..Got to Love how these morons blow their own horns yet they are sitting in the bleachers while the Best of the Best (Adrien and Jennfer) made it to the end.

August 17 2011 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KATHY'S FREE

Seriously, who didn't think Jennifer was going to win? I certainly didn't, as no matter all her messes in preparing dishes, and her crying, she was the Judges' favorite from the beginning of this competition. Christain, Adrien and two other male contestants were the strongest competitors. Why Suzy was kept on so long is beyond comprehension. Christain had the passion and drive to win, his alienating the other contestants worked against him, his defensive arrogance wasn't tolerated. Yet, I felt he was the one to beat, he did have the drive to head a kitchen and be a top chef, and with his limited cooking or baking experiences, he was superb in his dishes! Jennifer, those dishes weren't superior top chef qualities, nor is her prissy personality! They never gave her captain of a kitchen, as I feel they know she's not going to be able to delegate jobs or hold her staff together, yet, due to the judges' liking her and rooting for her, that she won! Wishing all the contestants much success and yes, I would love to eat at a restaurant that Christain, Adrien and the other two(not Guisseppe)strong male contestants would work!

August 17 2011 at 12:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chef

I was disappointed with the end result. Adrien should have won, as he has shown more passion for this profession than anyone else. He used a pressure cooker due to time limitations, and should not have been criticized for it. He kept getting better and better each week. I hope someone prominent noticed, and will grant him a bright future. Please replace the arrogant Joseph Bastianich as a judge next season. His demeanor is very aggitating.

August 17 2011 at 12:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
prettymama46

bs she knew she was gonna win..i think she did favors..i know the other 2 guys were better than her and she knew it too. !!

August 17 2011 at 12:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
etm114

I think if Adrien had nailed his dessert, he would have won. Jennifer won because while her dessert was just ok, it really didn't have any mistakes and her scallops totally wowed the judges. I like them both but I was pulling for Adrien. He was so classy. I'm sure he'll get some fabulous offers from this show....I hope so. Jennifer does have that star power charisma and with her looks she'll go far. Gordon is a showman but you could see his encouragement and care for each contestant after they were eliminated. His nastiness makes for good ratings. Graham seemed to be the gentlest (I may be biased since I live in Chicago!) but Joe was just rude and acted like a jerk. I can't wait till next season!!!!

August 17 2011 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
goldy113

Here's hoping that Jennifer set a few dollars aside and got Joe some real shoes and a shave!! LOL

August 17 2011 at 12:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply