September 20, 2014

Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, Randy Jackson Confirmed for 'American Idol' Season 11

by Jean Bentley, posted Aug 17th 2011 1:30PM
American Idol JudgesIn the showbiz world, nothing is official until the ink dries on the contract. That's why, despite 'American Idol' producer Nigel Lythgoe telling host Ryan Seacrest on the radio last week that Jennifer Lopez would be back for Season 11 of the Fox hit, we couldn't be certain if J.Lo would actually be back in 2012.

Thankfully, both sides were able to work out a deal, and now Fox has officially announced that all three of last season's judges -- Lopez, Steven Tyler and Randy "Dawg" Jackson -- will return to gage the singing prowess of America's superstar hopefuls on 'American Idol' this spring.

'Idol' creator Simon Fuller said in a statement, "Having both Jennifer and Steven return to 'Idol' in 2012 alongside Randy is such a positive reflection on what was a wonderful and hugely successful season last year, and everyone is delighted."

Tyler signed up for multiple seasons when he agreed to appear on the show last year, but Lopez's contract was only for one year. According to recent reports, her new deal is worth a staggering $20 million, compared to last year's $12 million (no chump change, we know, but a steep increase nonetheless).

'American Idol' Season 11 premieres Sun., Jan. 22 at 10PM ET on Fox, immediately following the NFC championship game.

David Humphrey

I got an iPad 2 32-GB for $ 21.68 and my girlfriend loves her Panasonic Lumix GF 1 Camera that we got for $ 38.76 there arriving tomorrow by UPS. I will never pay such expensive retail prices in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 40 inch LED TV to my boss for $ 657 which only cost me $ 62.81 . Here is the site we use to get it al from, BidsNew.com

August 17 2011 at 10:43 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
bleweyes528

I love them all except Lopez..can't stand listening to that whiny voice of hers..plus she is such a PUKE!!!

August 17 2011 at 9:57 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to bleweyes528's comment
Deborah Anne

If they didn't make the show all about her it would be alright. Every time something happened on that show last season, they showed her face, her reactions, it was all about her. When in fact all she was doing was promoting her career. She talks too much too and interrupts the guys. I like Lopez in movies much more than anything else but I tell you one thing, she has no lack of self-confidence that's for sure!!

August 18 2011 at 12:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eddienpbfl

Now all they need to do is get rid of Randy!

August 17 2011 at 9:21 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
Deedqq Deed

~~~~****~~~☆.☆.~~very good go-----w w w-happy shop ping 100-c o m

August 17 2011 at 8:59 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
Alex!~

****, Is this Travesty still on?!

August 17 2011 at 8:51 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
aristocracyrules

$20,000,000 with 10% unemployment and teachers being fired in droves. Hollywood is the biggest hypocritical bubble on the face of the earth.

August 17 2011 at 8:39 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Mary

Great, so glad the same three will be back.....just would not be the same....like its not the same without Simon, only as good...........lol............I do miss him...but the show must go on........

August 17 2011 at 8:38 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
avivagi

Can't stand Jennifer Lopez. She's so into herself. SHE HAS NO TALENT! Some of the contestants sing better than she does. I've never heard her or Steven Tyler make a negative comment unless Randy Jackson offers constructive criticism first. He is the only one with his own mind. The voting on this show is also inappropriate. When Ryan Seacrest says we have a record number of 6 millions voters, it's because the voting is misconstrued. There should be a cap from each phone line used. Dancing With the Stars, only allows 8 or 10 votes per phone line. I don't think I'll watch the show again. There are some very talented performers and the losers should be weeded out instead of being mocked on TV.

August 17 2011 at 8:05 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to avivagi's comment
alienfrog18

You're absolutely right. One vote per phone number each week. The show lost its credibility several years ago. Crystal Bowersox and Adam Lambert not winning were travesties.

August 18 2011 at 12:02 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
candle

The tenth season was the best American Idol season. I think having Steven Tyler as one of the judges
certainly helped. I am glad all of the judges will be back for Season 12. It would be good to see
someone with the talent of Adam Lambert and Scotty McGreevy on this season..

August 17 2011 at 8:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to candle's comment
alienfrog18

I'm surprised they don't have Larry the Cable Guy as a judge considering the show turned into Hee Haw the past few years.

August 17 2011 at 8:00 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to alienfrog18's comment
rane1313

Your right and I am old enough t o remember that. I think they should put American Idol on the Comedy Channel.

August 17 2011 at 8:10 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply