October 22, 2014

Sharon Osbourne Reacts to 'The Talk' Shake-Up Rumors

by Michael Maloney, posted Aug 17th 2011 11:00AM
The TalkShe's in, she's out, she's negotiating -- what exactly is going on with the ladies of 'The Talk'?

Previous reports have Holly Robinson Peete and Leah Remini off the series, but sources close to the situation tell AOL TV negotiations are not final.

So, what does 'The Talk' co-host Sharon Osbourne have to say about all shake-up drama?

"I'm saddened to think that it could be [true], but it's not confirmed," Osbourne told AOL TV. "I don't know. I'm just a little fish in the big, big pond. I'm not the producer. I don't make the decisions."

"It takes a long time to get to know anybody and when you bring five ladies in," she continued. "We didn't know each other. We were just acquaintances."

Now, after a year of chatting, the Osbourne says the ladies have gelled.

"We know rhythms and intimate details about each other," she said. "Our families know each other.

Osbourne is taking a break from the series to spend time with her rocker husband, Ozzy. She'll appear on the first week of the series, but no word on how long her sabbatical will be.

SHIRLEE

What a shame ....if it isn't broken don't fix it or might I say , mess it up totally... There no reason to watch "The Talk" anymore without Leah and Holly you have lost the reason I watched it... It was the total package that made it work. With the added guest the show worked ....NOT ANY MORE.... Shame on you.......................

December 29 2011 at 4:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cyanmanta

She quit because nobody bought her half-hearted "apology" about the Catherine Kieu Becker incident. And why should they? What she said was way out of line, even for her. If you ask me, she should have been fired on the spot; any man in her position would have been pilloried in the press and never worked in show business again. Male genital mutilation is not funny, Sharon Osbourne, and you're a horrible person for suggesting that it is.

November 09 2011 at 2:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mollie

I stopped watching the show. I loved Leah and Holly. Now the show is boring . I can't get interested in the new cast. Sara Chen and Sharon are ok but the show is not the same. Either bring back Leah and Holly and just drop the Talk completely. How can you say the Ratings are better. You live in a pipe dream if you think so. I know alot of people who stopped watchng. The new Black Women I am not sure of her name is such a bore. Sorry Leah and Holly the show sucks without you!!!!!!

October 16 2011 at 6:02 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
ItsMe

Well another bomb for CBS, they had the best talk show on TV and now it just another old talk show. Leah, Holly and Mrs. O made the show. Julie thinks she is Queen because of her husband, but many a monarchy has fallen and she will too.

September 25 2011 at 2:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lindy Lu

I am very disappointed in the The Talk! You were going great with what you had. Then you go and let two of the most entertaining go. Everyday I looked forward to watching the show, but not any longer!! And why in the world do we have to be made watch Kris Jenner? I am so sick of the dysfunctional Kardashians. Get it together. Another show down the toilet!

September 22 2011 at 4:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carol

BRING HOLLY AND LEAH BACK ,,,,, THEY WERE THE ONES THAT MADE THE SHOW FUN,,,, I WONT BE WATCHING THE TALK ANY MORE

September 21 2011 at 9:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jamawan2b

I miss Holly and Leah! BRING THEM BACK! PLEASE!!!!!!

September 21 2011 at 3:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nevdull

I too like the 5original ladies with good chemistery but more I like 5 opinions, not fighting which reality shows promote, but I like when disagree with facts or ideas to Julie's I may not agree with what they say but I will stand up for their right to say it, even if it is colorfull. With Chaz is he on because of his sex or because of the treats ? or did his people put out the treatsI hope the show will investigate the truth, Julie has said bad pess is a way to get on shows to increase their stardom. I hope the Talk will expose those poeple and not add to their star quality. I do like Sharon, Holly and Leah she and Sara have a connection, but most of all value different opinions and not Kris Jenner to advance her show. Sharon only when guest of AGT will talk about it. bring back the 5

September 21 2011 at 2:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Regina

I cannot believe that Holly and Leah has been let go!!!!!!!!!! What were you thinking????? I do not care how many other hosts or guess hosts that you bring on it will never be the same as it was with the original ladies!!!!! I have been watching from day one and I enjoyed every minute of it but now that you have taken away from the family I have not enjoyed the show!!!!!!! I am not interested in watching anymore!!!!!!!!! I just want to know why did you let them go??? Why did you find it necessary to breakup the family? That is what I see that you have done. PLEASE bring them back!!!!!!!!!!! I have nothing against the ladies that are there now but I see them as a feel in that will never replace Holly and Leah the original family. Please Bring Them Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 21 2011 at 2:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wendy Hicks

The original 5 ladies of The Talk had such good chemistry. I hope Sharon comes back, however Kris Jenner is a wonderful pick. I find Molly Shannon to be overly animated and Sheryl Underwood extremely annoying. Not saying that they are not both good people and funny as comedians, I just don't enjoy seeing them everyday on the talk. I really miss Holly and Leah. You should have renewed their contracts....I think that was a big mistake...you cannot make people have chemistry...I thought The Talk was so much better than The View...now they are equally as boring

September 20 2011 at 2:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply