December 20, 2014

'LA Ink' Canceled by TLC

by Alex Moaba, posted Aug 18th 2011 4:10PM
TLC has canceled 'LA Ink.'Tattoos may last forever, but tattoo reality shows do not. Radar Online is reporting that 'LA Ink' has been canceled by TLC. The fourth season, currently airing, will be the the show's last hurrah.

"TLC has decided that the current season of 'LA Ink' will be its last. The network is proud of what the series has accomplished in its four seasons, following Kat Von D's journey as an artist from Miami to Los Angeles," the network told Radar in a statement.

The news comes after a messy, high-profile year for Kat Von D. She jumped into a relationship with Jesse James months after he had been through a very public cheating scandal with his ex-wife Sandra Bullock. In December, her house mysteriously burned down, killing her pet cat.

Then, in July, Von D and James called off their impending marriage and split. The timing of the break-up created an uncomfortable situation, as the network was already airing promos, and episodes, featuring her getting James' face tattooed on her rib cage.

Kat Von D didn't respond well to the awkwardness, walking off the set of a 'Good Day LA' interview when the questions got too personal.

For TLC, the move comes a week after the network decided to part ways with another long-time reality star who had increasingly faced public image problems of her own, Kate Gosselin. The network canceled 'Kate Plus 8' after seven seasons.

Update: According to People, Kat Von D and Jesse James may be back together.

'LA Ink' airs Thursdays at 10 PM ET on TLC. The season finale will air September 15.

Below, watch the unfortunate-in-retrospect 'LA Ink' scene where Kat Von D gets Jesse James' face tattooed on her side:

Also, check out an 'LA Ink' final season retrospective:

Mary Ziel

I'm sorry I meant to say that Kat is not an Artist. Just a cartoonist. To see great Art go to The Musem of Art in New York City. She is a little too full of herself.

December 07 2011 at 10:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary Ziel

Some of these people who say she a great artist have been to The Musem Of Art in New York City. Give me a break. I seen better tatt's on immate coming out of Prison.

September 15 2011 at 8:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary Ziel

September 15 2011 at 8:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary Ziel

You can be an Great Artist with out being a belittling, degrading, self absorb bitch and the people who work in that shop also are great artist. She was inmature bimbo. She wasnot a Van Gogh. I seen better tatt's on from Aritist in The Bronx and Manhattan. Seattle, Wa too. And they didnot have the bad atittude and they knew more words in their vocabulary then "Duh Coo Man Duh" I'm so totally overwhelem dude" Go Bye Kat and Please don't come back. We do need something better to watch. Artist who are uplifting to an apprentice then being opressive.

September 15 2011 at 8:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary Ziel

I am so glad your show is going to end. Did so many people wrong and now you got Sandra Bullock left overs. You put his picture on body. He'll get tired off your freak show and find some new honey. Karma, What goes around comes around. But actually you both deserve each other the laguage of "Duh,Cool Man, Duh" Your perfect for each other. See ya! and I never want to be you.

September 15 2011 at 7:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
italfrbos

I'd be lying if I said I'm sorry to hear the news but I LOVE IT ...It's called Karma ....After Dan , Adrienne and yourself treating people like Corey , Aubry , Pauly and Amy like crap , I'm so glad it's all comming back at you ...Oh , Oh ,Oh and how are those wedding plans for you and Jessie comming along ...HAHAHA ...All I can say now is that you and your wierdo brother Michael can cuddle on your free thursday nights and watch this new TV show called N.Y. Ink ...It's an awesome show .....You should have plenty of time to watch it now .....

August 23 2011 at 5:58 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
fisherdude47

What a great move by the Network. Now if they can continue to cancel more of these worthless reality shows, maybe TV might be a better.

August 23 2011 at 3:11 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
tatdad069

if i want to watch a soap,'ill watch all my children!

August 23 2011 at 12:25 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
MikeS

It is about time. The bimbo was only brought to Miami Ink to transition to LA Ink. Now that a real shop is open in NYC the drama queen can go back to walking the streets. Her time: 14:59.59

August 22 2011 at 2:23 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
fairyprankster

I just hope things work out for her. People need to realize, she went into this very young and I think she's accomplished a hell of alot more than most. She is a very beautiful and talented artist. And the times I have personally met her, have proved to me that she is a warm caring person. So unless you have met her and know what she is about, then I think you should NOT judge. I also am a artist and have more ink than the average. There are too many people that are obviously UN-educated when it comes to Art , whether it be Van Gogh or Body Art. Art is exactly that, ART!! Ones own expression. I feel sorry for people that choose to judge. Oh well that would be ignorance for you :-)

August 21 2011 at 8:46 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to fairyprankster's comment
LarrBerr

"I feel sorry for people that choose to judge."
"that would be ignorance for you"
"people that are obviously UN-educated"
So you complain about people judging, before and after judging other people yourself.

August 24 2011 at 12:34 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to LarrBerr's comment
asuigeneris1

He wasn't "specifically" debasing anyone, there is a difference...only those that see themselves in that "broad" generalization are going to take offense.

August 24 2011 at 8:19 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down