October 25, 2014

Susan Lucci In Talks to Stay With 'All My Children' When it Moves Online

by Chris Harnick, posted Aug 18th 2011 7:00PM
Susan Lucci'All My Children' without Susan Lucci? Don't fret just yet!

According to Deadline, Lucci is mulling over an offer to stay with the soap after it moves from ABC daytime to a new unnamed online home.

Despite news of budget cuts, the report says Lucci's pay would remain close to what she's making now, while the series airs on ABC.

'All My Children' departs ABC on Fri., Sept. 23, but not before a parade of former stars stop by. Josh Duhamel recently returned to Pine Valley and Carol Burnett and Sarah Michelle Gellar are set to make appearances before the September broadcast finale.

Plans originally had it moving online soon after, but the targeted date sees the series premiering alongside fellow canceled ABC soap 'One Life to Live.'

Prospect Park would be wise to keep the big names, like Lucci, in play in order to attract the fans who have stayed loyal to the series over the years.

Tell us: Do you want Susan Lucci to stay on 'All My Children'?

Marty DeMotta

I am hoping that Susan Lucci reconsiders. The show just wouldn't be the same without her. I have been a fan since the show started. PLEASE put it online! Can't believe the network is replacing with a garbage food show! Shame on them for canceling a show that watching has been a ritual for sooo many people.

September 21 2011 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jillian Smith

Susan Lucci is an icon. Life in Pine Valley would certainly not be the same without her. I sure hope she considers staying on for the new adventures in online TV. Shame on you, ABC, for cancelling AMC! Replacing it with a "food show" is a major insult! I have followed AMC for the last 30+ years and am so disappointed in the cancellation. I am sure I speak for millions of others when I say that AMC has been an evening ritual of enjoyment after a long days work for years!

September 17 2011 at 8:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mesager42

Maybe Susan Lucci should reconsider. The same folks who are producing Royal Pains are the ones trying to keep AMC intact. I love the shows on USA - especially Royal Pains. Susan might actually like these dudes. One of them is a former Disney dude who used to work for ABC. Speaks volumes when a producer jumps Disney's ship to go into business on his own with another person. Online AMC could gain a world following, not just a US following. It could make Lucci an international star.

September 07 2011 at 2:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Monica Bellman

The Show Would Surely End Without LaLucci!!!!!!!!!!!

September 07 2011 at 12:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jakadoc

Lucci is a big part of the show - hope enough information is passed on to the fans - when or if the show will continue on another media. Shame on the executives who caved to one man's opinion. Granted more women are working but we tape the show.

September 06 2011 at 5:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
virginia

I luv all my children I can not wait until it comes on line!!!!

September 04 2011 at 8:05 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
v.kaay

VERONICA ii JUST CAN NOT BELEIVE THEY WOULD INTERFERE WITH THIS SHOW THAT HAS LASTED ALL THESE YEARS THIS CHEW AND CHAT MESS THAT WILL BE TAKING THAT SPOT SUCKS JUST WHAT WE NEED ANOTHER FOOD SHOW BORING KEEP AMC GOING FOR ANOTHER 5 TO 10 YEARS I AGREE WITH SUSAN BAD CHOICES AND DECISIONS RUIN GOOD PROGRAMS THERE ARE NO OTHER DAY TIME SOAP'S LEFT THEY ALL STARTED AND ENDED THAT SHOULD TELL YA SOMETHING LOVE ALL THE PEOPLE ON THE SHOW PLEASE STAY AROUND IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 04 2011 at 5:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carol

I've been watching AMC and OLTL for over thirty years. I tape both shows and enjoy them at night. After their cancellation, I will no longer watch anything shown on ABC. ABC is going downhill quickly. It would be nice if another network could take over these shows, and, if necessary, just change the titles. I can't imagine television with All My Children and One Life to Live.

September 04 2011 at 2:54 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
kathymuller

im going to miss my shows all my children & one life to live, iv e Been watching sine 5th Grade it sad there going off the air i m very angry ......................................

August 25 2011 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angelis

I love both soaps, but having to deal with Hughsnet satellite for my internet, I can't watch online video. My bandwidth is to low. There are many like me who don't have a choice & will not be able to watch our soaps. Bummer.

August 20 2011 at 11:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply