October 26, 2014

'Law & Order' Complete Series DVD Set On the Way

by Chris Harnick, posted Aug 20th 2011 3:00PM
Law & Order Complete Series DVD SetGot $700 to spare and a love of all things 'Law & Order'? Well, you might want to feast your eyes on NBC's 'Law & Order' complete series boxed set.

The 104-disc DVD set hits shelves on Nov. 8 and includes 11 seasons that have never been released. Yep, all 456 "ripped from the headlines" episodes in one glorious place!

Special features of the 20-season set include tons of deleted and extended scenes, an interview with Dick Wolf about the creation of the landmark series and a tribute to Jerry Orbach featuring interviews with his former co-stars.

The set also includes 'Homicide: Life on the Street' crossover episodes, set tours and a collectible episode guide.

TVShowsonDVD.com
reports Amazon is taking pre-orders for $490.

Tell us: Will you buy the 'Law & Order' complete series boxed set?

rpe94

These aren't the syndicated versions. I believe these are the uncut original broadcast, correct? In that case, you won't be seeing them on TV.

January 16 2012 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vina Sestonari

Fiddle Faddle! Stuff and nonsense! Poppycock! PAY to watch a TV show! Why, I never heard of such a thing! Kids these days don't understand the value of a dollar! They ought to be ashamed of themselves! ASHAMED I say! There is no way in HELL that I would ever pay that extremely exorbitant amount for those DVDs! Shame on those greedy people who are not satisfied with silver, but must have more gold! The nerve of some of these people to charge this much for some reruns that I don't care to watch again. Lord have mercy. Great googly moogly! What is the world coming to? Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria! Shame on those people, I say verily! Shame!

VINA J. SESTONARI

September 19 2011 at 8:47 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Vina Sestonari's comment
clondo1014

Since Vina your not a fan of Law and Order (original series) you dont understand. I, Eric W Bray, David and others understand we are fans. You might not want to buy , so be it. But there are others out there that will and have been waiting a long time for this series. We are not paying to watch a tv show. We are paying to "own" it. You must be a real scrooge at Christmas.

December 03 2011 at 12:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric W. Bray

If I was going to a desert island that had solar panels for electricity and no broadcast television, satellite television, or cable television then I MIGHT consider buying it at the "pre-order" price; let's see that only comes to $1.08 per DVD a pretty reasonable price for twenty years of a series!!!!!

But then again at the retail price that still only comes to $1.54 per DVD still a reasonable price; remember it is for 20 years of episode and a blank DVD costs about $0.50 Per DVD on the retail market --> so they are practically giving the "content" away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 23 2011 at 5:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DC

The home video market is made of two separate and equally important people: the greedy studios who make crappy TV and the suckers who watch them. These are their stories.

August 22 2011 at 11:01 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
gatorgrl4ever

Umm...swifte546?? While one can appreciate your sentiment regarding L&O: SVU, the article was about the main series, not SVU!! Considering the show isn't shown as often as before...the older ones aren't aired and they're including 11 seasons previously unreleased?? I'd seriously consider it especially at the pre-order price. Unfortunately, I will have to wait. :(

August 22 2011 at 10:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Yes, I will definitely buy it....I have been waiting for years for them to release some of the years......I can't wait to get it.

Price may be high, but I never buy myself anything...Therefore, I will get it pre-ordered today.

August 22 2011 at 8:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
swifte546

There is no way in HELL that I would ever pay that extremely exorbinant amount for those DVDs.
GREED??? Ha, you betcha. The show will no longer be the same with out it's two stars. Meriska Hagertay and
Christopher Meloni are not returning. That's a real shame. Law and Order SVU was a great show.
I'll simply tape what shows I like and not those that I do not.
I guess that there will some idiots that will pay the ridiculous price, but not enough I'm sure to keep it in production.

Shame, shame on you. How much is enough?

I suppose that those that are happy with silver will never be satisfied with gold!

JEREMIAH F. GOFFREDO, JR.

August 22 2011 at 4:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shaun Landry

Know what you can buy with seven hundred dollars? Food. And lots of it. Sort of fantastically ballsy to charge this much when most people consider seven hundred dollars something to sock away for gas money into the car to look for a job.

August 22 2011 at 1:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patty

I would not waste my money on this set. Law and Order is always on TV or in reruns somewhere. Besides once I see one espisode I move on. The nerve of some of these people to charge this much for some reruns that I dont care to watch again. Lord have mercy.

August 22 2011 at 12:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amigwyn

While $700 is way too pricey for me, I wish I could get it! I have grown up with L&O and started watching it the year it started. I was sad that Jerry Orbach was leaving, it was like I was losing an uncle. And when he passed away it was a very sad time around my house.

There are very few shows I watch on television. Frankly, I watch maybe five hours of TV per week. But through the years L&O and L&O: SVU have always been there. Even though the shows are heavily syndicated I'd like to have all the shows on Blu-Ray or DVD for both series. Are they giving away a set anywhere?! :)

August 22 2011 at 12:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply